Change Communications Consultant
Change Communications Consultant
Newton is a high growth and successful management consultancy, employing the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. We are unique in that our fees are guaranteed against delivered and measurable results. Newton has grown to be one of the most effective operational performance improvement consultancies in the UK. We boast an impressive client base across the commercial and public sectors, delivering impressive and tangible benefits in areas including process optimisation and significant cost reduction. Newton is small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally.
The role Newton’s growing Change Management practice helps us bring about operational and transformational change across our largest and most complex programmes. Our specialist change management consultants and communications consultants lead on how we design, set-up and deliver critical aspects of our programmes to ensure widespread and sustainable adoption of new ways of working. The team is fully embedded into our core consulting teams and enable solutions worth tens of millions of pounds to our clients. The Change Management Practice is one of Newton’s specialist functions, alongside Digital.
These specialist functions work seamlessly within the core consulting body to enable delivery of exceptional results for our clients. All our work is delivered by a single, coherent team, aligned to the clear goals of the Programme. Together, these specialist capabilities form a critical part of Newton’s proposition.
We are seeking Lead Consultants and Principal Consultants to specialise in Change Communications.
These are senior roles which will be focused on large improvement programmes. Change Communications Consultants will work alongside clients and Newton’s Operational Consultants to gain a full understanding of the strategic objectives of the engagement. They will draw on data to design and deliver a communications plan that creates awareness, understanding and buy-in for the change. They will be responsible for ensuring employee engagement during periods of transition and ensure compelling, relevant and consistent messaging throughout the programme.
As well as designing and overseeing communications & engagement on client programmes, our Change Communications Consultants will be shaping this key aspect of Newton’s overall change management offer – using their expertise to develop capability within our Operations Consultants and guide the way they approach communication on our programmes.
We passionately believe in the value and potential of this capability and are investing in its growth for the long-term.
The Candidate The successful candidate will have: Five years’+ experience and tangible results of projects that include:
- Developing complex communications plans for transformation /change programmes which include multiple stakeholder groups.
- Negotiating a complex matrix environment.
- Analysing data from multiple sources to design a well-informed strategy.
- Creating strong ‘message houses’ which incorporate programme purpose, burning platform, future state and approach - and generating alignment and excitement for this articulation.
- Using outstanding copywriting skills to write in a variety of styles for a variety of formats in a way that’s relevant, engaging and persuasive.
- Producing simple surveys which are credible to both managers and employees and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively, reflecting learning in evolving plans.
- Successfully coordinating impactful large events or initiatives, e.g. programme kick-off days, manager mobilisation events.
- Supervising specialists in different media (e.g. web layout, print, video, design or photography) to get impactful results.
- Monitoring/understanding and staying ahead of digital trends to make the most of conversations with employees. Experience working in a (non comms-centred) consultancy is highly beneficial.