Change Management Consultant
Change Management Consultant
Newton is a high growth and successful management consultancy, employing the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. We are unique in that our fees are guaranteed against delivered and measurable results. Newton has grown to be one of the most effective operational performance improvement consultancies in the UK. We boast an impressive client base across the commercial and public sectors, delivering impressive and tangible benefits in areas including process optimisation and significant cost reduction. Newton is small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally.
The Role Newton’s growing People Centred Change practice helps us bring about operational and transformational change across our largest and most complex programmes. Our specialist change management consultants lead on how we design, set-up and deliver critical aspects of our programmes to ensure widespread and sustainable adoption of new ways of working. The team is fully embedded into our core consulting teams and enable solutions worth tens of millions of pounds to our clients. The People Centred Change Practice is one of Newton’s specialist functions, alongside Digital.
These specialist functions work seamlessly within the core consulting body to enable delivery of exceptional results for our clients. All our work is delivered by a single, coherent team, aligned to the clear goals of the Programme. Together, these specialist capabilities form a critical part of Newton’s proposition.
We are seeking Principal Consultants, Business Managers and Senior Business Managers to specialise in Change Management.
These are senior roles which will be focused on large improvement programmes. The right change management levers, delivered impactfully across a programme, are crucial in creating momentum, reducing resistance and ensuring the most sustainable adoption of change. Change Management Consultants will work alongside Newton’s Operational Consultants, activating leaders and mobilising hundreds to thousands of employees in our client organisations in such a way that takes them on a journey - from awareness that something might be changing, through to adoption of new ways of working that will bring about long-term benefits.
As well as designing and overseeing the change management strategy on client programmes, our Change Management Consultants will be responsible for developing a higher level of change management appreciation and practical application across our entire consulting body – using their expertise to develop capability and guide the way Newton approaches change management on our programmes.
We passionately believe in the value and potential of this capability and are investing in its growth for the long-term.
The Candidate The successful candidate will have seven years’ + experience and tangible results of projects that include:
- Developing engagement-focused change management strategies at scale for transformation /change programmes which include multiple stakeholder groups.
- Steering change readiness assessments.
- Ensuring new processes and tools are designed with a strong human /end user focus.
- Working in partnership with the client to shape an adoption focused roadmap.
- Ensuring clearly defined outcomes and actionable deliverables for key change management levers/interventions.
- Helping develop programme purpose(vision) and compelling stories about the change.
- Reflecting research in plans, drawing on (e.g.) client organisation’s strategy, culture, employee attitudes, competitor activity, industry developments.
- Building effective relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ensuring regular data capture of employee understanding, knowledge and sentiment throughout the stages of the programme – using insight to inform next steps.
- Experience of influencing, guiding and supporting others to plan and deliver change management approaches.
- A background in communications & engagement would be beneficial, but is not essential.