Data Consultant, Digital Solutions
Data Consultant, Digital SolutionsApply for role
Newton is a high growth and successful management consultancy, employing the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. We are unique in that our fees are guaranteed against delivered and measurable results. Newton has grown to be one of the most effective operational performance improvement consultancies in the UK. Newton boasts an impressive client base of household names and bluechips, delivering impressive tangible benefits in areas including process optimisation and cost reduction. We are small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally.
Newton’s rapidly growing Digital Solutions practice delivers digital transformation across our largest and most complex programmes, including data science and analytics, systems change, technology and data architecture. The team is fully embedded into our core consulting teams and enable solutions worth tens of millions of pounds to our clients. The Digital Solutions Practice is one of Newton’s specialist capabilities, along with Change Management and the new capability being built within User Experience Design. These teams work seamlessly with the core consulting body to enable delivery of exceptional results for our clients. All our work is delivered by a single, coherent team, aligned to the clear goals of the Programme. Together, these specialist capabilities form a critical part of Newton’s proposition.
We are seeking Principal Consultants and Lead Consultants to be a core part of our Digital Solutions team. These roles will be focused on large improvement programmes, working alongside Newton’s Operational Consultants and clients. These are leadership roles which include improving, developing and embedding a data-driven decision-making capability within our clients. We passionately believe in the value and potential of this capability and we aim for it to represent more than 10% of our business by 2021.
- Leading the gathering, manipulation and analysis of data on major transformation programmes within the client-facing consulting teams
- Getting under the skin of client data and processes to understand where value can be added
- Changing the way Newton uses data and digital by guiding and mentoring colleagues on how to gather, manipulate and analyse data effectively
- Building effective relationships with stakeholders in the client organisation, influencing and coaching to help them implement a data-driven capability within their organisation
- Creating new opportunities to deliver value to clients through data and digital
- Being held up as a role model amongst the wider business with a reputation as an inspirational leader; influencing and improving internal processes and delivering training
- Managing and developing graduate consultants within your team
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years plus experience and tangible results of projects that include:
- Implementing data-driven actionable insights that drive change across an organisation - Rapidly prototyping and deploying data-driven solutions using a variety of languages - Creating compelling data-driven stories that resonate with stakeholders - Pocessing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of different types of data - Finding and working closely with data professionals across an organisation - Embedding a data-driven culture with stakeholders
- Significant experience in using one or more data engineering/science languages such as SQL, Python, R, to find opportunities and insights in data.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Qlik, Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
- Expertise and experience in data science, machine learning and statistics
- Interest and endurance in taking on diverse and complex data problems
A word from us:
Everybody likes to say they’re different...
Newton was founded to buck the norm in management consultancy - to demand better for its clients. Because, for us, change doesn’t come from behind a laptop. It comes from getting under the skin of an organisation and learning first-hand how it ticks. It’s not about producing reports that gather dust on a boardroom’s top shelf; it’s about delivering results that actually work.We crack some of the biggest challenges that businesses and public sector organisations face.
We’re called upon to bring much-needed change, from redesigning social care to improving build efficiencies on aircraft carriers. The work’s varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do. Take our business model. We guarantee our fees against delivering results, and will only leave once our clients see those results stick. Bold - yes. Disruptive? Always.
Blindingly fast career progression means that if you show you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not tenure. And with all the support, training, and development you need, there’s really no stopping you. No matter the role you join in, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how everyone goes further, faster.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.