DirectorApply for role
We rely on you to work as part of a team that continues to drive success and sustainability. You’ll be responsible for developing and driving the strategy for your area of business, increasing our client base, nurturing and leading a healthy team and being programme lead, owning your programmes to ensure they're set up for success.
You'll lead a supportive team with an average revenue of £3-5m per annum. Our success relies on sustainability, which means you’ll be involved in sustainable team development, sustainable business development and sustainable product development, leading to strong financials. You’ll craft sector strategy and you’ll also have a strong technical side, as we believe in business development through evidence-based interventions that make positive, sustainable impact for our clients.
- Design and lead programmes; taking hands-on responsibility to ensure that your programmes are set up for success. You'll encourage the right graphs to go in the right direction.
- Create compelling solutions to resolve complex issues, and build business cases to sell wider programmes of work.
- Lead a healthy team. We pride ourselves on our healthy, positive workforce. This involves: creating and maintaining a strong and supportive team ethos; motivating and encouraging your people; knowing your people and feeling personal responsibility for them all; and developing Newton Core excellence in others.
- Create plans for the growth, retention and development of your people.
- Be recognised as a significant authority, able to present coherent and industry-relevant views outside Newton.
- Own, develop and drive the strategy within your area of the business.
- Help us grow by attracting new clients.
- Own, lead and direct the management of many client accounts and successfully develop them.
- Grow and shape your area of the business and what it offers.
- Be a respected and active part of the Senior Management Team.
What we'd like from you:
- Show passion for and experience of real tangible detailed results through leading significant programmes of change.
- Have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have business development experience.
- Have a track record of and appetite for account management and growing an industry presence.
- Have experience of and real passion for leading and developing a team.
- Show selfless behaviour towards their peers and teams.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and the agility to support their personal development ambitions.
- Demonstrate clear and structured thought processes and effective communication at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Are inspirational thought leaders and innovative thinkers.
- Are excited to be part of building something really meaningful.
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ consulting experience.
- Have solid working experience in the private sector, with a demonstrable desire to make a difference.
Good to know:
- Lifestyle: we work on-site with our clients in diverse locations, so you’ll be expected to work onsite at client locations as appropriate. We'll cover all reasonable expenses, of course. At Newton, we look after our people so we don’t work weekends.
- You’ll be developed into the role so expect a minimum initial 6-12 months on-boarding plan.
- We have a 360 degree feedback culture.
We value diversity
- We value diversity. We recognise that the more diverse our people, the better we can serve our clients and the society in which we exist. We're an equal opportunity employer and we never discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.