Director, Data Analytics
Director, Data AnalyticsApply for role
Everybody likes to say they’re different. Newton was created to be different; to demand better for clients. Newton isn’t a traditional management consultancy: we focus on identifying the operational issues that limit performance and then work alongside the organisation to deliver tangible and measurable results, underpinned by our founding principle: if we don’t deliver measurable results, then we don’t get paid.
Newton’s rapidly growing Digital Solutions practice delivers digital transformation across our largest and most complex programmes, including data science and advanced analytics and data architecture as well as supporting systems change, and technology. We passionately believe in the value and potential of this capability and aim for it to represent more than 10% of business by 2021. We are now looking to recruit the final piece in our leadership jigsaw to see this capability reach its potential, a Director to shape and build our Digital Solutions practice within our Air, Land and Sea cluster driving it to become world-class.
Due to the nature of the work carried out by our Air, Land and Sea clients, there may be security and export control restrictions that affect this role. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit your ability to carry out the work. Therefore, applications for this role are restricted to sole British citizens (i.e. those who do not hold dual or non-British nationality). Unfortunately, if you do not meet this criterion, we will not be able to progress your application. This does not, however, exclude you from working for other parts of the Newton Europe organisation and further information regarding potential roles can be found on our careers page.
- Developing and driving the Digital Solutions strategy across the Air, Land and Sea cluster to meet the needs of clients with £multi-billion turnovers.
- Sitting on the Digital Solutions Board to continue to form and grow this function across the whole of Newton.
- Owning relationships up to the C-Suite, including CDO/CIO, supporting the sales process and working with clients to structure groundbreaking programmes.
- Being recognised as a significant authority on data, technology and data science and able to present industry-relevant views at external events and during new sales pitches.
- Ensuring the digital elements on a transformation programme are set up for success, either through the capability of the core consulting team, the Digital Solutions team, or through outsourcing to external experts.
- A respected part of the Senior Management Team; able to adapt Digital to all Newton sectors and positively influence the scope and direction of any programme through cross-functional collaboration.
- Be an inspirational leader; manage and motivate your teams, creating individual career plans and driving optimum performance across a rapidly growing team
- Become a recognised profile and an authority in the external market; speak at requisite events, leveraging senior advisor relationships.
Successful candidates will have: - Due to security and export control restrictions in place for this role, all applications are restricted to British citizens who do not hold dual nationality. - A proven track record of operating within advanced analytics/ big data/data science or similarly technology led position with a strong track record of success ideally from within a consultancy. - Experience of shaping a digital product for growth. - Impressive academics, ideally in technology, engineering science, or mathematically related subjects. - Significant experience of leading largescale programmes of change, with a passion and enthusiasm for driving change and delivering results. - An innovative approach and will be an inspirational thought leader with an external presence. - A high level of self awareness and desire for further development. - Domain experience in aerospace, defence, industrial, manufacturing or infrastructure is preferable but not restrictive. - Demonstrable C suite level stakeholder engagement experience, having built and sustained key relationships, both internally and with clients. - The passion, resilience and energy to make a difference, both internally and externally. - Impressive academics, ideally in engineering, technology, science, or mathematically related subjects. - Security Clearance is mandatory for this role.
A word from us:
Everybody likes to say they’re different...
Newton was founded to buck the norm in management consultancy - to demand better for its clients. Because, for us, change doesn’t come from behind a laptop. It comes from getting under the skin of an organisation and learning first-hand how it ticks. It’s not about producing reports that gather dust on a boardroom’s top shelf; it’s about delivering results that actually work.
We crack some of the biggest challenges that businesses and public sector organisations face. We’re called upon to bring much-needed change, from redesigning social care to improving build efficiencies on aircraft carriers. The work’s varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do. Take our business model. We guarantee our fees against delivering results, and will only leave once our clients see those results stick. Bold - yes. Disruptive? Always.
Blindingly fast career progression means that if you show you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not tenure. And with all the support, training, and development you need, there’s really no stopping you. No matter the role you join in, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how everyone goes further, faster
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.