Director, Data Analytics
Director, Data AnalyticsApply for role
Newton is a high growth and successful management consultancy, employing the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. We are unique in that our fees are guaranteed against delivered and measurable results. Newton has grown to be one of the most effective operational performance improvement consultancies in the UK. Newton boasts an impressive client base of household names and bluechips, delivering impressive tangible benefits in areas including process optimisation and cost reduction. We are small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally.
Newton’s rapidly growing Digital Solutions practice delivers digital transformation across our largest and most complex programmes, including data science and analytics, systems change, technology and data architecture. The team is fully embedded into our core consulting teams and enable solutions worth tens of millions of pounds to our clients. The Digital Solutions Practice is one of Newton’s specialist capabilities, along with Change Management and the new capability being built within User Experience Design. These teams work seamlessly with the core consulting body to enable delivery of exceptional results for our clients. All our work is delivered by a single, coherent team, aligned to the clear goals of the Programme. Together, these specialist capabilities form a critical part of Newton’s proposition.
We are seeking a Director who will shape and build this practice, driving it to become world-class. A key part of the Newton Leadership team, they will help to define the Digital component of the Newton proposition, which our clients will find compelling. We passionately believe in the value and potential of this capability and we aim for it to represent more than 10% of our business by 2021.
- Developing and driving the Digital Solutions strategy across Newton to meet with needs of clients with £multi-billion turnovers
- Owning relationships up to the C-Suite, including CDO/CIO, supporting the sales process and working with our clients to structure ground breaking programmes
- Being recognised as a significant authority on data, technology and data science and able to present industry-relevant views at external events and during new sales pitches
- Ensuring the digital elements on a transformation programme are set up for success, either through the capability of the core consulting team, the Digital Solutions team, or through outsourcing to external experts
- Being a respected part of the Senior Management Team; able to adapt Digital to all Newton sectors and positively influence the scope and direction of any programme through cross-functional collaboration
- Leading, developing and inspiring a rapidly growing team
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of operating within advanced analytics/big data/data science or similarly technology led position with a strong track record of success ideally from within a consultancy
- Experience of shaping a digital product for growth
- Significant experience of leading large-scale programmes of change, with a passion and enthusiasm for driving change and delivering results
- A track record and appetite for account management and growing industry presence
- Experience of leading and developing teams and a passion for doing so
- An innovative approach and will be an inspirational thought leader with an external presence
- A high level of self-awareness and desire for further development
- Impressive academics, ideally in technology, engineering science, or mathematically related subjects.
A word from us:
Everybody likes to say they’re different...
Newton was founded to buck the norm in management consultancy - to demand better for its clients. Because, for us, change doesn’t come from behind a laptop. It comes from getting under the skin of an organisation and learning first-hand how it ticks. It’s not about producing reports that gather dust on a boardroom’s top shelf; it’s about delivering results that actually work.
We crack some of the biggest challenges that businesses and public sector organisations face. We’re called upon to bring much-needed change, from redesigning social care to improving build efficiencies on aircraft carriers. The work’s varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do. Take our business model. We guarantee our fees against delivering results, and will only leave once our clients see those results stick. Bold - yes. Disruptive? Always.
Blindingly fast career progression means that if you show you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not tenure. And with all the support, training, and development you need, there’s really no stopping you. No matter the role you join in, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how everyone goes further, faster
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.