Principal Consultant - Operations
Principal Consultant - OperationsApply for role
Newton is a high growth and successful management consultancy, employing the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. We are unique in that our fees are guaranteed against delivered and measurable results. Newton has grown to be one of the most effective operational performance improvement consultancies in the UK. We boast an impressive client base across the commercial and public sectors, delivering impressive and tangible benefits in areas including process optimisation and significant cost reduction. Newton is small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally.
Founded in 2001, Newton currently has a headcount of 300 with further exciting growth ambitions. Principal Consultant level hires will be critical to achieve this growth, working across all sectors of the business, including social care, healthcare, defence and aerospace, grocery, rail, FMCG and private equity. Principal Consultants are given the autonomy to often be the most senior Newton employee on client site on a day to day basis, designing and delivering large scale change programmes with a team of consultants and a supporting client team.
- Manage and design a change programme (e.g. training, workshops, events, recognition initiatives), using principles that ensure the change is client-owned and sustainable.
- Stay enough in the detail to shape the project, as well as delivering top line detail during senior client meetings.
- Coach and lead the client through change to become a trusted advisor.
- Manage and develop managers across projects and workstreams as a senior member of the client-facing consulting team.
- Responsible for the professional development and welfare of the team through individual training and coaching.
- Held up as a role model amongst the wider business with a reputation as an inspirational leader who will drive internal improvements at Newton.
- Start to have business development conversations and take an active role in the sales pipeline through defining pre-sale assessments.
- Work on tender documents and pre-sale client assessments to define the project scope.
Successful candidates will have:
- Exceptional skills within leading and developing teams of at least six people.
- Excellent analytical skills to deliver fact, not opinion, by coaching the team and client into finding the root cause of a problem.
- 6-10 years of operational improvement experience in: management consultancy, engineering, manufacturing, complex build, or oil & gas.
- Consistently using proven change management and programme management skills to deliver excellence.
- Demonstrable experience of developing trusted and lasting client relationships up to C-Suite.
- Passion, resilience and energy to make a difference, both internally and externally.
- An ambitious mindset with a proven track record of quick career progression.
- Impressive academics, ideally in engineering, technology, science, or mathematically related subjects.
A word from us:
Everybody likes to say they’re different...
Newton was founded to buck the norm in management consultancy - to demand better for its clients. Because, for us, change doesn’t come from behind a laptop. It comes from getting under the skin of an organisation and learning first-hand how it ticks. It’s not about producing reports that gather dust on a boardroom’s top shelf; it’s about delivering results that actually work.
We crack some of the biggest challenges that businesses and public sector organisations face. We’re called upon to bring much-needed change, from redesigning social care to improving build efficiencies on aircraft carriers. The work’s varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do. Take our business model. We guarantee our fees against delivering results, and will only leave once our clients see those results stick. Bold - yes. Disruptive? Always.
Blindingly fast career progression means that if you show you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not tenure. And with all the support, training, and development you need, there’s really no stopping you. No matter the role you join in, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how everyone goes further, faster.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.