Digital Solutions Consultant
Our Digital Solutions Consultants work alongside the Operations Consultants on client sites, understanding every detail of how their business operates and uses technology. You will be working together with our clients to help them generate and understand large data sets. Through manipulation and analysis of this data, you will provide new insight into their biggest problems whilst designing and implementing appropriate solutions. These problems will be technically complex, but you’ll have the support and training needed to help you overcome any challenge. In doing so, you will be at the forefront of the data revolution, leading both Newton and our clients through it.
Digital Solutions Consultant
We’re unashamedly fact-led and data-driven, so our Digital Solutions Consultants have a central role in our entire business model and culture. If you join us as a Digital Solutions Consultant, you’ll find the evidence and tell the stories that will inspire massive business improvement. You’ll become the go-to expert on our clients' processes and data and you’ll coach and empower them to use data to be able to identify problems, spot opportunities and make the right decisions long after we’ve left.
- Want to change the world in a year (or less)?
- Want to use data to tell the stories that inspire people to do their most meaningful work?
- Have a pivotal role in work that really matters?
- Feel excited at the challenge of our company being paid only on the results we promise? (Don’t worry – you’ll still be paid).
If so, you’ll fit in. We want you. Join us. Be part of our team. Be a Digital Solutions Consultant.
What’s the role?
We’ll nurture you to progress rapidly through the company, and on the way you’ll be involved in making things better for people and businesses all over the UK and perhaps beyond. You might be making sure that low income families can afford fruit and vegetables, or improving frontline care services while saving the government money, or helping build new aircraft carriers. We promise you that your career at Newton will never stand still. It’ll always be captivating.
What you’ll do:
Every day, every mission and every client is different, but our model of work doesn’t change. On a day to day basis, you'll create warm, supportive relationships with our clients to:
- Build sustainable data-driven algorithms and tools that help us reach our programme objectives.
- Map systems and validate sources of data.
- Use statistical approaches to spot opportunities with the most positive potential.
- Nurture and embed a culture of data-led decision-making in our client organisations.
- Explain, illustrate and present clearly to clients at all levels on site.
- Solve technical, organisational, process, and people problems.
- Contribute to developing our own people and improving what we do
- Manage and/or support clients and peers.
How you’ll work
We’re not the type of consultant who floats down from on high with a fat report and disappears before the hard work has even begun. We get dirty. We wear overalls. We work from the shop floor to the boardroom and everywhere in between. We work alongside a variety of clients to design and deliver programmes that create real, sustainable change.
You'll be encouraged to get stuck in and use your initiative and creativity to deliver far-reaching and measurable results for your client. You’ll be on the frontline from day one, working shoulder-to- shoulder with our clients to solve complex problems in fast-moving environments. We're a close-knit, supportive team and you’ll be motivated by challenge and stretching the limits of possibility.
What you’ll get
We nurture you from day one and every day of your time with us. You’ll be developed and supported through:
- Our famous Induction Training Camp.
- A dedicated and consistent Development Manager to nurture your career progression, as well as a Line Manager for everyday support.
- Projects that really stretch you.
- Opportunities to work across a range of industries, clients and sectors based on your interests.
- On-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders.
- Rapid career progression with early responsibility.
- Promotion on merit when you are ready. We don’t do the annual promotion cycle.
Our culture is genuinely social, supportive and collaborative. Yes, the whole company gets together every two weeks to celebrate client successes, resolve project challenges, learn from each other and have fun. Our social calendar is packed, too; it includes autumn and spring activity days, Christmas events, a three-day summer event and four Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
And because we believe that work should only be part of life, not all of it, we guarantee that you'll be back at home with your friends and family by 6pm every Friday and you'll never work weekends.
What we’d like from you:
We set the bar high. Our people drive our business. The quality of your work, technical skills and ability to communicate with colleagues and client teams at all levels make us exceptional. This is why we’ve developed one of the most rigorous recruiting processes in the industry.
During the application process, you’ll stand out if you:
- Are passionate about the power of data and how it can be used to improve things for people and organisations.
- Are highly numerate with a logical mindset and strong analytical and conceptual skills (but this doesn’t mean you need programming experience).
- Are a strong, effective communicator with ability to build and sustain warm, positive relationships.
- Have an exceptional ability create insight from an ocean of information.
- Enjoy early responsibility and be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Show a collaborative approach and love to work effectively as part of an encouraging team.
- Are flexible and adaptable.
- Are happy to receive and act on feedback.
- Have achieved a high level of education with excellent results (but not necessarily in a STEM subject).
Want to be part of an award-winning consultancy that doesn’t act like a consultancy? Good. Apply now.
We value diversity
We value diversity. We recognise that the more diverse our people, the better we can serve our clients and the society in which we exist. We're an equal opportunity employer and we never discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.