Events Executive - 12 month fixed term
Events Executive - 12 month fixed termApply for role
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
We are looking for an Events Executive to join our Engagement Team as part of the wider People’s team. This role will be a 12-month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave. The role will play a vital role in organising and delivering our bi-weekly internal conference and events programme. Reporting to the Events Manager you will support a fast paced and exciting calendar of events ensuring we continue deliver high quality events that will add great value to the business.
Core day to day responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with agencies and venues to book a continuous 6 month ahead schedule of review days within budget.
- Managing operational costs, including negotiating with suppliers.
- Reviewing contracts with venues and supplier to prepare them for sign off.
- Taking ownership of the review day administration, including but not limited to collating attendance, liaising with the hotel to confirm the company requirements, confirming attendees and bedroom requirements.
- Working with internal teams and managing stakeholders to keep them updated on review day dates and times as well as any other inquiries that arise.
- Attend and represent Newton at the events, promoting excellence within the engagement team.
- On-the-day event management (meeting with key venue staff the day before and day of the conference to confirm event details are as required).
- Managing the review day inbox and ownership of event calendar invites.
- Monitor the events inbox ensuring queries are prioritised correctly and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the attendance response and booking process for bi-weekly conferences.
- Bringing innovative ideas to develop exciting concepts and new venues.
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
This role is ideal for someone who has previously held an events or EA/PA position with strong administrative and stakeholder management experience.
- A self-starter attitude with a pro-active ability to generate ideas and implement improvements.
- Experience of liaising with suppliers and negotiating venue contracts.
- Confidence to manage multiple stakeholders with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of numeracy and IT literacy, including Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to with a high level of accuracy.
- Highly organised, conscientious and adaptable
There will be UK travel with this role and therefore the flexibility to travel to and from events and stay overnight at the bi-weekly conferences ( Thursday evenings) would be desirable.
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton’s culture is prefaced on maximising the potential of our people, whether in clientbased consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.