WHAT IS THE ROLE?
We are looking for an experienced events professional to manage a vibrant calendar of employee engagement events include summer parties, activity days, charity days and monthly social events.
The Events Manager will report into the Head of team, and work alongside a Senior Events Executive and an Events Coordinator within our passionate and ambitious Events Team. This role works within the wider People Team who are dedicated to creating a fantastic working environment for our people. We pride ourselves on creating a workplace where we have fun together, alongside focusing on high performance and delivering real impact for our clients. The Events Team works at the heart of this, focusing on creating an inclusive environment for our people to thrive through having fun together, collaborating on our work and celebrating in each other successes. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with stakeholders across the business to deliver experience which will engage our people.
- Managing the engagement events calendar to deliver our events from initial idea to completion. Comprising of spring and autumn activity days, an annual Christmas party, Charity Day and a weekend long family fun day and summer party.
- Steer and support an internal team of consultants to organise monthly social nights (Review Nights) with support from our Events Coordinator.
- Actively advocating for inclusive social interactions across the business and driving this in all aspects of our events programme
- Managing established relationship with a portfolio of suppliers and forming new sustainable relationships for future events.
- Negotiating event contracts and consultation with our internal legal team.
- Managing a large budget across our events, maximising value add and savings.
- Driving continuous improvement around our current events and evolving our events programme to scale in line with the fast-paced growth of the company
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton’s culture is prefaced on maximising the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception.
You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression and receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary, company performance bonus, and our generous benefits package also includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 27 days’ holiday.
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
You’ll be a strong project manager, with 5+ years of events experience. You will have an analytical mind, coupled with strong relationship skills. You will have a proactive approach and positive attitude towards delivering exceptional events. The successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional project management experience
- Proven experience of managing medium-size events (>500)
- A passion for people and inclusivity
- Confident negotiator with external suppliers
- Ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the company
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Ability and want to learn new technology software as required
- Proven experience of effectively managing a large budget
- Experience working in corporate events or in an agency setting alongside corporate clients.
- Strong knowledge of UK hotels, venues, and suppliers.
This role has the flexibility to work from home with ideally 2-3 days either in the office or on site at one of our monthly company events (this role will be required to support the team by attending a Thursday evening and Friday daytime each month with an overnight stay in a UK based city), as well as ad hoc travel to other events and meetings throughout the year.