Executive Assistant - 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Executive Assistant - 12 Month Fixed-Term ContractApply for role
Are you passionate about adding value to our senior leadership team in a fast-paced rewarding role? If you enjoy working collaboratively and have excellent organisational skills then you’ll fit in here!
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Newton is looking for a bright, calm and highly competent EA to lead our ALS Business Cluster support team as well as providing Executive Assistant support to Partners within Newton
The role is a 12 month fixed-term contract and will be based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire.
You will join a team of EAs and PAs who each provide support to several Directors and Senior Business Managers in the business.
You will be responsible for leading the Air Land and Sea (ALS) support team and ensuring they provide a seamless and effective PA service to senior stakeholders in the business.
- Working closely (and line managing) with 3-4 PAs within the ALS Business Support team PA community to provide effective support to multiple Senior Leaders
- Managing and maintaining multiple Senior Leaders' diaries and emails – including complex travel and intelligent diary management and forward planning
- Scheduling internal and external meetings/events of varying sizes for Senior Leaders (including appraisals, client reviews, project reviews, internal company development, board meetings, interviews, team meetings and third-party advisers)
- Providing support at/on regular meetings/calls; minutes, action-taking and monitoring these
- Preparing appropriate materials/briefing packs ahead of meetings when required
- Organising and submitting expenses and timesheets
- Preparing or updating meeting notes, PowerPoint presentations, simple standard legal documents and ad hoc administration of inbound and outbound paperwork
- Providing holiday cover for other PAs within your team Work closely with the Executive Support Manager and other Cluster Support team leads to drive operational excellence across the entire PA community
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. A curious mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
- Demonstrable at least 3 year’s previous experience in an Executive Assistant role looking after multiple (at least 3) senior managers’ diaries and experience of complex diary management and coordinating/booking travel and accommodation
- Some experience in managing people and supporting their development
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Successful relationship building with both PAs and remote based stakeholders
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions on your own
- Calm under pressure, adaptable and responsive to ever-changing diaries and priorities
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Some Excel experience would be desirable
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to multi-task and organise others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high attention to detail and deadlines
- A pleasure to work with and a real team player
- Discretion and confidentiality guaranteed
- Experience working within a high-paced environment and the ability to filter information and assess priorities efficiently and effectively
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across the PA team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 27 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.