IT Operations Manager
IT Operations ManagerApply for role
The IT Operations Manager will support, operate and evolve how technology powers our business. They’ll be responsible for ensuring that our end users have an efficient and effective technology service built on top of a reliable and secure technology infrastructure.
We’re a team of the brightest and most curious minds with a fundamental belief that every organisation can be better.
We crack some of the toughest business and public sector challenges of the day. Not with reports or copy & paste thinking. But by pinpointing and implementing the changes that will make the biggest difference.
We never start out assuming we know the answer. But we’re always certain we’ll find it and see it through to the finish. By uncovering the data that means the most important decisions are made with facts, not opinions. By bringing together a group of people who live and breathe delivering results. And by embedding in your organisation this same passion, self-belief and know-how to thrive on any challenge in the future.
We believe so strongly in what we can achieve together that we stand by the founding idea of Newton – guaranteeing 100% of our fees against delivering results that are recognised by everyone, from the frontline to the boardroom.
We demand better in everything we do. We think you should too.
What is the role?
Newton work on all kinds of projects, in virtually any sector. Such as making daily working life simpler and more effective for thousands of supermarket shop floor staff, for instance. Or ensuring more social care service users lead independent lives. Or enabling thousands more patients to be seen in clinics.
The IT Operations Manager will support, operate and evolve how technology powers our business. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our end users have an efficient and effective technology service built on top of a reliable and secure technology infrastructure. As a hands-on team you’ll also need to be able to lead by example when it comes to supporting and implementing new technology.
• Contribute to the wider IT strategy to ensure technology services keep pace with and underpin Newton’s ambitions
• Supporting our service desk team to deliver a great service across our business
• Ownership of complex technical issues through to resolution
• Leading compliance with cyber and information security programmes to reduce risk
• Maintain and enhance our completely virtual network infrastructure to ensure it supports business needs
• Helping define our technical platform for big data to ensure that our consultant teams have the agility to respond to increasingly complex challenges in our client projects
• Ensuring external technology suppliers are delivering well and continue to evolve to their service as Newton’s requirements grow and evolve
• Building our capability in risk, incident, problem and change management
• Maximising value from our IT spend through effective use of IT assets, software and services
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across IT.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
Your education, skills and experience
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. You’ll have previous experience of leading a technology team. While your technical expertise is important, we’re more interested in how you’ve used your expertise and wider skills to impact the teams and organisations you’ve been part of.
• Capable of leading, building and mentoring an IT team to deliver a great technology service
• Delivered a technology service from network infrastructure through to end user devices and applications
• Acted as a technical expert to support a team in exploring and resolving complex IT issues
• Driven a technology support team to improve efficacy and customer service
• Demonstrated effectiveness of IT processes through reporting and used data to identify areas for improvement
• Managed IT change and problem resolution
• Engaged with a range of stakeholders with diverse needs and sometimes conflicting priorities
It’d be great if you had:
• A recognised IT service management certification such as ITIL or COBIT
• Experience of virtualised IT services such as Amazon Web Services and Cisco Meraki
• Familiarity with ISO27001 and GDPR and an understanding of security issues
• An understanding of challenges and opportunities in delivering to a primarily mobile workforce