IT Product Owner
IT Product Owner
What is the role?
Newton work on all kinds of projects, in virtually any sector. Such as making daily working life simpler and more effective for thousands of supermarket shop floor staff, for instance. Or ensuring more social care service users lead independent lives. Or enabling thousands more patients to be seen in clinics.
As a Product Owner, you’ll work with business stakeholders and technical teams to identify and define opportunities to deliver valuable functionality to Newton through technology. Opportunities could range from products that enable our consultant teams to easily capture the activity of 100s of healthcare practitioners, through to a mobile application for submitting expenses. You’ll support the delivery of solutions from the gathering of requirements right though to their adoption by the wider business, working closely with our technical team during that process.
- Assist the IT Product Manager in building a delivery roadmap
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to understand their requirements for technology-based solutions.
- Document requirements as user stories with clear acceptance criteria and acceptance tests
- Develop communication and change management plans to make sure our technology solutions land well and maximise impact
- Work with our technical teams to define priorities and help defining future iterations
- Preparing system demos for stakeholders to evaluate project progress
- Supporting stakeholders with validation and acceptance of requirements
Your education, skills and experience:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
- Previous experience of business analysis and/or project management
- Taken a data-driven approach to understanding, measuring, and solving business problems, challenging complexity where necessary
- The ability to negotiate and influence a wide range of stakeholders who are used to working at a fast pace
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- An interest in the technology landscape and trends.
It’d be great if you had:
- Technology product ownership experience
- Worked with stakeholders to agree shared priorities and define requirements, using tools such as workshops and user stories
- Experience engaging non-technical stakeholders to build more detailed requirements
- Scoped minimum viable products from a requirements backlog
- Scaled Agile experience
- An interest in user experience design
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across IT.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 27 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.