IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst
The Role The IT Support Analyst will join the IT Support Team in providing an excellent IT Service to the Newton Employees. The ability to troubleshoot complex issues whilst providing exceptional customer service will be key to this role.
Newton work on all kinds of projects, in virtually any sector. Such as making daily working life simpler and more effective for thousands of supermarket shop floor staff, for instance. Or ensuring more social care service users lead independent lives. Or enabling thousands more patients to be seen in clinics.
The IT Support Team play a key role in ensuring that the business can operate effectively and efficiently through their use of technology. Our customers are our colleagues, largely operational consultants delivering exceptional work on projects across the UK and occasionally beyond. The role of the IT Support Analyst will be to deal with incident management, request fulfilment and seeking to proactively address the IT challenges impacting the wider business.
The technology we use is 100% cloud-based and is designed to support our extremely mobile workforce. Across the IT Team we are keen to ensure the technology services keep pace with and underpin Newton’s ambitions.
The IT Support Analyst role is often the first point of contact for IT across the business. Customer service is key to this role and the IT Support Analyst will need to seek to fully understand the needs of the customer and have a real desire to help them get to a successful conclusion.
Typical responsibilities of this role will be:
- Handling the day-to-day incidents/requests that arrive into IT Support
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Leading on small projects/process improvements
- Involved in tasks/actions that make up our larger projects
The Candidate You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. You’ll have previous experience in a similar role or can demonstrate a passion for supporting a business through technology.
The successful candidate will also have/be the following:
- Excellent customer service skills. A real desire to help people and to have the drive and tenacity to own issues from start to finish.
- An excellent approach to problem solving. To have detective like skills and take a positive approach to understand and solve even the most complex problems.
- Proactive and consistent in their approach to work and will drive improvement in their areas of responsibility and beyond.
- A desire to work as part of a collaborative team and play a key role in helping drive that team forward.
- The ability to prioritise their own work to deliver the best possible customer service and ensure that the customer always comes first.
- An understanding of, and ideally experience of supporting, end user technologies such as Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft Windows 10.
- A passion for technology and desire to learn about new systems and tools.
- An understanding of Active Directory, Office 365 Administration, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP.