Marketing Engagement Business Partner
Marketing Engagement Business Partner
We’re looking for a Marketing Engagement Partner to work with the leaders of Newton’s “Private” industry customer practice, and lead the practice’s marketing activities and support. This critical position will support the practice’s continued growth by helping to facilitate strong relationships across the industry: the primary focus will be the key people in our clients and wider industry, as well as the wider marketing activity that supports Newton’s industry brand. It is this industry presence that sits at the heart of our multi-million pound client relationships and enables us to make enormous impact in our programmes.
The Market Engagement Business Partner (MEBP) will sit on the Private board with responsibility for driving the market engagement strategy and oversees all market engagement activity in line with this strategy. The MEBP will bring focus, value and consistency in approach to messaging, proposition and reputation-building activities across our target markets and across all stages of the funnel.
Target activities will include:
- Account management; understanding the people and opportunities within our existing clients and ensuring we are doing everything we can to enhance relationships.
- Deep insight into our prospects and ‘live’ opportunities
- Working with Senior Advisors to make the most out of their contacts and knowledge. This includes identifying and onboarding new senior advisors
- Building productive relationships with industry bodies
- Ensuring our physical presence at the right industry events
- Enhancing our Brand through marketing; entering awards, sponsoring events, thought leadership
- Helping our senior team stay aware of what is happening in the sector. Mastership of shape, dynamics and development of our client industries: who’s who; their priorities; where they are going; how we can help them individually etc
- Contacts management (helping enhance / maintain our relationships within our network), plus tracking of meetings and key activities to ensure we allocate the correct preparation efforts to the right meetings
You will manage:
- A market engagement executive
- Flexible consulting resource who will be seconded to the team to support the research and analysis of target markets and opportunities to prepare for the technical conversations with potential new clients
- Support from our dedicated marketing execs team who work across all 3 clusters
- Third party suppliers across a range of events, PR, digital activity as appropriate
- A substantial marketing budget and every opportunity to work with your key stakeholders on its deployment
Your education, skills and experience: You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for proactive support to facilitate your stakeholders’ success. A clear, highly organised mind, able to juggle multiple tasks and coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
During your application process we will be looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Degree educated
- Approximately 10+ years’ marketing and/or sales experience, a minimum of 5 of which in the B2B / professional services domain
- Consistent and sustainable record of over-performance driven by new business success
- Demonstratable experience in building successful relationships with key players in their target market and facilitating this in others
- Demonstrable experience in implementing successful marketing strategies with evidence of these driving business growth
- Holding productive relationships with key industry influencers to grow an understanding of the industry and create relationships with industry leaders
- Ability to collaborate with a board of senior business leaders and credibly advise them on sales and marketing strategy
- Provide marketing and sales expertise and leadership within the Private cluster
- Influencing and coaching others, including the broader marketing team within your immediate area of responsibility and beyond
- Candidates with experience in retail or manufacturing preferred but not essential
We are looking for candidates who are flexible with their location as we expect this role to be based 2-3 days a week in the office and 2-3 days travelling.
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across marketing.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from Directors. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 29 days holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 2-day Summer event and up to 5 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.