Marketing Manager - Public Sector
We are looking for an additional Marketing Manager to join our Public Cluster team. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a stretching marketing role working alongside senior business leadership, to align to one of our key markets and act as the crucial bridge between the marketing team and the business; developing exceptional marketing campaigns that will drive real value for Newton. This is a great opportunity for someone who is adept at building strong internal and external relationships with a track record of delivery in complex markets.
Marketing Manager - Public Sector
Due to internal promotions and wider growth in our Marketing Team, we are looking for an additional Marketing Manager to join our Public Cluster team. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a stretching marketing role working alongside senior business leadership to deliver compelling marketing that resonates with our target markets. This is a great opportunity for someone who is adept at building strong internal and external relationships with a track record of delivery in complex markets.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Newton is already an amazing place to work (we spend a lot of time making sure of that). But we always believe we could do better – that’s in our DNA.
The combination of our approach and our client-acclaimed work has driven our growth through this challenging period, but we are not ready to stop there. We are building on this progress by expanding our marketing team to meet the challenges of the next phase of growth.
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to align to one of our key markets and act as the crucial bridge between the marketing team and the business; developing exceptional marketing campaigns that will drive real value for Newton.
We think it’s a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a stretching marketing role alongside senior business leadership.
- Work alongside business leaders and draw on the creative skills across the marketing team to create and roll out thought-provoking and engaging multi-channel marketing campaigns that drive growth in Newton’s pipeline of work.
- Build lasting relationships with internal business leaders, as well as advisors, clients and key sector influencers to shape and successfully implement all levels of marketing activity.
- Collaborate with sector teams and creative resources internally and externally to create compelling messaging, content and creative that will appeal to and most importantly engage our target c-suite prospects.
- Be a strong advocate for our marketing approach across the business, including presenting on our approach to leadership and the wider business on a regular basis.
- Project manage and maintain oversight across all marketing activities relating to specialist sectors – from online, media engagement, social channels and events, through to support in bids and tenders.
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You will have marketing management experience within similar generalist Marketing roles and you will welcome the opportunity to put your marketing leadership skills to the test and hone them for career development.
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
During your application process we will be looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Marketing management experience with a successful track record in the professional services environment.
- Degree or CIM marketing qualification
- Demonstrable experience in implementing successful marketing strategies / campaigns and in driving business growth in complex markets.
- The ability to build strong relationships with senior leadership teams, inspire confidence in stakeholders around the business and positively challenge ways of working.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, especially the ability to articulate compelling messaging and copy that resonates with a c-suite audience.
- Results-focused, resilient and tenacious in the pursuit of objectives and goals.
- Creative thinker
- Excellent organisation and project leadership skills – have led internal marketing change projects and understand how to drive engagement from different stakeholders and progress to achieve objectives.
- Eagerness for personal development
We support flexible working arrangements and expect this role to require a minimum of 1-2 days in the office a week and 1-2 days travel (UK only and COVID 19 guidelines permitting).
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in head office functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception. As we are currently expanding our marketing team, successful candidates will play a role in shaping our marketing for the future and have access to wider team opportunities.
Supporting you starts from day one. New joiners often highlight the Newton energy and support they first encounter in the recruitment process and that continues through into their time at Newton. Once in role, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from senior directors and partners. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits which are delivered virtually at the moment. We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, a 2-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year (subject to COVID19 restrictions).
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.