Marketing Manager - Consumer
Marketing Manager - Consumer
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to align to our consumer market to develop exceptional marketing strategy and campaigns that will drive real value for Newton. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a stretching marketing role working alongside Partners, Directors and broader business leadership.
- Work alongside business leaders and draw on the creative skills across the marketing team to create and roll out thought-provoking and engaging multi-channel marketing campaigns that drive growth in Newton’s pipeline of work.
- Build lasting relationships with internal business leaders, as well as advisors, clients and key sector influencers to shape and successfully implement all levels of marketing activity.
- Collaborate with sector teams and creative resources internally and externally to create compelling messaging, content and creative that will appeal to and most importantly engage our target c-suite prospects.
- Be a strong advocate for our marketing approach across the business, including presenting on our approach to leadership and the wider business on a regular basis.
- Lead and be accountable for all marketing activities relating to specialist sectors – from online, media engagement, social channels and events, through to support in bids and tenders.
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
At Newton, we maximise the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in head office functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception. As we are currently expanding our marketing team, successful candidates will play a role in shaping our marketing for the future and have access to wider team opportunities.
Supporting you starts from day one. New joiners often highlight the Newton energy and support they first encounter in the recruitment process and that continues through into their time at Newton. Once in role, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from senior directors and partners. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days holiday. We also operate a profit share scheme so that our people share in the success of the business. The profit share bonus is based on company performance and typically paid out in March and September. Joining us also brings many social benefits. We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, a 2-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You will have marketing management experience within similar generalist Marketing roles and you will welcome the opportunity to put your marketing leadership skills to the test and hone them for career development. You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
During your application process we will be looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Marketing management experience with a successful track record in the professional services environment.
- Degree or CIM marketing qualification.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing successful marketing strategies / campaigns and in driving business growth in complex markets.
- The ability to build strong relationships with senior leadership teams, inspire confidence in stakeholders around the business and positively challenge ways of working.
- Creative thinker.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, especially the ability to articulate compelling messaging and copy that resonates with a c-suite audience.
- Results-focused, resilient and tenacious in the pursuit of objectives and goals.
- Excellent organisation and project leadership skills – have led internal marketing change projects and understand how to drive engagement from different stakeholders and progress to achieve objectives.
- Eagerness for personal development.
We support flexible working arrangements and are open to discussing these during the application process. There are opportunities to work from our office in Oxfordshire, to meet with market teams at various locations as well as travel for internal and external events around the southern region.