Salesforce DeveloperApply for role
We’re a team of the brightest and most curious minds with a fundamental belief that every organisation can be better.
We crack some of the toughest business and public-sector challenges of the day. Not with reports or copy & paste thinking. But by pinpointing and implementing the changes that will make the biggest difference.
We never start out assuming we know the answer. But we’re always certain we’ll find it and see it through to the finish. By uncovering the data that means the most important decisions are made with facts, not opinions. By bringing together a group of people who live and breathe delivering results. And by embedding in your organisation this same passion, self-belief and know-how to thrive on any challenge in the future.
We believe so strongly in what we can achieve together that we stand by the founding idea of Newton – guaranteeing 100% of our fees against delivering results that are recognised by everyone, from the frontline to the boardroom.
We demand better in everything we do. We think you should too.
What is the role?
From the moment we think about where we can help a client, to scheduling our consultants through to tracking our project delivery it’s our Salesforce platform which steers our business.
You’ll work closely across the many areas of the business to understand and advise on changes and improvements to our business systems. You’ll design, build, test and support applications which run our business processes across the whole life of the projects we carry out for clients.
- Proactively identify where we can make our systems and business processes better
- Delivering software via our Salesforce platform to add value to users across Newton
- Working with a wider team to collaborate on solutions and communicate progress
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of how Newton works and requirements of the people and teams who work within it
- Ensuring that any third-party technology integrated with our platform works proficiently
- Help improve how we design, build, test, document and deploy software
- Working with our IT support team as a third line resource for line of business applications to identify and resolve incidents
- Liaising with technology vendors and their support teams to ensure resolution of queries and issues
- Help coordinate and plan our software delivery
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across the IT team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We’ll help you build a training plan which works for you to cover everything from core technical skills, through to business analysis and working on agile projects
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
Your education skills and exeperice:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
It’s important that you have done most of these:
- Worked with admin tools such as ProcessBuilder, flows, approvals and page updates
- Used Apex and VisualForce to deliver Salesforce platform applications
- Solved complex business problems which require attention to detail
- Engaged with wider business teams to understand their challenges and build technical solutions to support their roles
It would be great if you have done some of these:
- Salesforce Platform Developer certification (I or II)/App Builder
- Experienced Financial Force applications (PSA/FFA)
- Worked in an agile environment to deliver software
- Built tests to improve software quality
- Used continuous delivery/integration to build Salesforce solutions
- Worked with Lightning