Senior IT Support Analyst
Senior IT Support Analyst
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Newton work on all kinds of projects, in virtually any sector. Such as making daily working life simpler and more effective for thousands of supermarket shop floor staff, for instance. Or ensuring more social care service users lead independent lives. Or enabling thousands more patients to be seen in clinics.
The technology we use is 100% cloud-based and is designed to support our extremely mobile workforce. Across the IT Team we are keen to ensure the technology services keep pace with and underpin Newton’s ambitions.
The IT Support Team play a key role in ensuring that the business can operate effectively and efficiently through their use of technology. Our customers are our colleagues, largely operational consultants delivering exceptional work on client projects across the UK and occasionally beyond.
The Senior IT Support Analyst will become a subject matter expert in one or more key technologies that are core to Newtons IT Service. They will also be responsible for managing any escalations from the IT Service Desk through to conclusion, whilst also progressing and 3 prioritising project work to ensure that the IT Support Team is continually improving their offering to the business. Customer service and a detective like approach to troubleshooting is key to this role. The Senior IT Support Analyst will need to seek to fully understand the needs of the customer and have a real desire to help them get to a successful conclusion.
Typical responsibilities of this role will be:
- Building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Resolving and managing issues that are escalated by the IT Service Desk Team.
- Creating documentation and solutions for colleagues and customers to follow to allow for quick resolution of issues.
- Mentoring junior members of the team and owning your personal development.
- Escalating issues to the relevant internal teams and/or 3rd parties to ensure a swift and accurate resolution.
- Ensuring that required levels of training, handover, and both support and technical documentation have been provided to or created by the Product Team.
- Being seen as an end user advocate and challenging the internal IT Teams to ensure the IT Service is the best it can be.
- Operating the Incident and Service Request Management Process.
- Operating the Problem Management Process.
- Working with the line manager to ensure the support function and wider IT Team continues to support Newtons ambitions.
- Working on and/or leading on projects/process improvements.
- Supporting continual improvement within the practices of the IT Support Team.
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities as the team grows.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback, and developmental guidance from our leaders. Your colleagues within the IT Support Team will help you get up to speed on a number of key systems and processes within the first few weeks to ensure that you are able to contribute and add value from an early stage. A personal development map will support your individual development needs and will look to develop both the technical and personal skills for a successful career.
You’ll have a dedicated Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary, and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 27 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. You’ll have previous experience in a similar role or can demonstrate a passion for supporting customers through technology.
The successful candidate will also have/be the following:
- Excellent customer service skills. A real desire to help people and to have the drive and tenacity to own issues from start to finish.
- An excellent approach to problem solving. To have detective like skills and take a positive approach to understand and solve even the most complex problems.
- Proactive and consistent in their approach to work and will drive improvement in their areas of responsibility and beyond.
- A desire to work as part of a collaborative team and play a key role in helping drive that team forward.
- The ability to prioritise their own work to deliver the best possible customer service and ensure that the customer always comes first.
- A passion for technology and desire to learn about new systems and tools.
- To be a subject matter expert in one of the following areas
- Endpoint Management/Microsoft Intune
- Software Packaging
- Microsoft 365
- Experience in or awareness ITIL best practices.
- Experience in or awareness of Project Management/Project Management Methodologies.
- Experience in or awareness of supporting cloud technologies.
- Experience in or awareness working with 3rd party suppliers.