What is the role?
The Executive Support Team (EST) at Newton has grown rapidly from 8 people to 28 people in the last 3 years…and that growth is set to continue. We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and highly competent administrator to join the EST as Team assistant, supporting and working across multiple client projects and providing 1:1 support to project managers in a very fast paced environment.
The role is permanent and will be based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire. Working as a positive member of our Delivery Team to build a high-class and high performing support function. There may be a requirement to periodically travel to the client site.
Support to Project teams
- Creation and management of trackers for accommodation, logistics, IT assets, holidays, etc. across multiple projects
- Onboarding / offboarding consultants from the project.
- Researching, sourcing, and booking accommodation and consolidating travel where possible for the team
- SharePoint management – supporting the communication channels of the team
- Supporting team events (both within and out of work)
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks as needed
Support to Project Managers
- Diary management, scheduling internal and external meetings/events of varying sizes for Leaders (including appraisals, client reviews, project reviews, internal company development, board meetings, interviews, team meetings and third-party advisers)
- Coordinating and booking travel and accommodation requirements, and ensuring logistical arrangements are in place to meet those requirements
- Organising and submitting expenses and timesheets
- Providing support at/on regular meetings/calls; minutes, action-taking
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. The successful candidate will also have/be the following:
- Ideally 1-2 year’s previous experience in an administration role supporting multiple people or projects
- Experience of diary management, coordinating/booking and managing high volumes of activities in particular, travel and accommodation
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Methodical coordination skills and logical thinking
- Exceptional organisational skills: ability to multi-task and organise others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team and enjoy being a team player
- Calm under pressure, adaptable and responsive to ever-changing challenges
- Excellent use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A pleasure to work with – “can do – will do” attitude
- Discretion and confidentiality guaranteed
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines
- Capability to filter information and assess priorities – always looking to bring additional value to our team
- Ability to quickly learn new IT systems and processes to provide support to your colleagues
- Experience working within a high-paced environment
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across the PA team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.