Director, Private Consulting
Director, Private Consulting
Newton is a high growth and successful management consultancy, employing the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. We are unique in that our fees are guaranteed against delivered and measurable results. Newton has grown to be one of the most effective operational performance improvement consultancies in the UK. Newton boasts an impressive client base of household names and bluechips, delivering impressive tangible benefits in areas including process optimisation and cost reduction. We are small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally.
The Private Cluster has achieved impressive year on year growth and is the fastest growing practice in Newton. They have a strong new business pipeline, particularly in Retail and Consumer, and have a well-earned reputation for tackling some of the toughest operational challenges in the grocery market. Our teams have achieved ground breaking results, not only in reducing waste and increasing productivity, but also boosting top line sales growth by hundreds of millions of pounds and increasing customer loyalty. We have engaged and trained hundreds of thousands of colleagues on the shop floor resulting in drastic and long-lasting change in both performance and reputation. There is now a requirement to hire two further Director level consultants to this high-performing team, who will be key players in leading and driving this exciting growth agenda across the Private cluster.
- Develop and contribute to the business development strategy for the sector.
- Own client relationships up to the C-Suite, engaging at the most senior levels as a trusted advisor.
- Be a respected part of the Senior Management Team; able to positively influence the scope and direction of any programme through cross-functional collaboration.
- Direct complex and multifaceted operational improvement and transformation programmes; leading disparate teams of consultants, whilst remaining concurrently hands on in delivery.
- Be an inspirational leader; manage and motivate your teams, creating individual career plans and drive optimum performance.
- Develop a recognised profile and an authority in the external market; speak at requisite events, leverage senior advisory relationships.
Successful candidates will have:
- Proven track record of operating as an effective leader in a consulting firm with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Significant commercial and management consulting experience.
- Broad capability experience across business development, delivery and line management.
- Significant experience of leading large-scale programmes of change, with a passion and enthusiasm for driving change and delivering results.
- Domain experience in an area of the private sector and be recognised as a significant authority in their area of expertise.
- A track record and appetite for account management; demonstrable senior stakeholder engagement experience, having built and sustained key relationships.
- Owned and managed client accounts and consulting teams of between 20-60 consultants.
- Passion, resilience and energy to make a difference.
- A high level of self-awareness and desire for further development.
- Impressive academics, ideally in engineering, technology, science, or mathematically related subjects.
A word from us:
Everybody likes to say they’re different...
Newton was founded to buck the norm in management consultancy - to demand better for its clients. Because, for us, change doesn’t come from behind a laptop. It comes from getting under the skin of an organisation and learning first-hand how it ticks. It’s not about producing reports that gather dust on a boardroom’s top shelf; it’s about delivering results that actually work.
We crack some of the biggest challenges that businesses and public sector organisations face. We’re called upon to bring much-needed change, from redesigning social care to improving build efficiencies on aircraft carriers. The work’s varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do. Take our business model. We guarantee our fees against delivering results, and will only leave once our clients see those results stick. Bold - yes. Disruptive? Always.
Blindingly fast career progression means that if you show you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not tenure. And with all the support, training, and development you need, there’s really no stopping you. No matter the role you join in, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how everyone goes further, faster.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.