Director, Public Consulting
Director, Public ConsultingApply for role
Newton is a high growth and successful management consultancy, employing the brightest and most curious minds in the industry. We are unique in that our fees are guaranteed against delivered and measurable results. Newton has grown to be one of the most effective operational performance improvement consultancies in the UK. We boast an impressive client base across the commercial and public sectors, delivering impressive and tangible benefits in areas including process optimisation and significant cost reduction. Newton is small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally.
The Public Sector division has achieved impressive year on year growth, with a strong new business pipeline, particularly in Local Government and the NHS. We have a well-earned reputation for tackling some of the toughest challenges across the health and care system. This has been accomplished by working at scale and delivering market-defining service improvements through transformation yielding £ multi-million efficiency savings. There is now a requirement to hire two further Director level consultants who will be key players in leading and driving this exciting growth agenda across public service.
- Develop and contribute to the business development strategy for the sector.
- Manage and augment one or more client accounts, engaging at the most senior levels as a trusted advisor.
- Direct complex and multifaceted operational improvement and transformation programmes; leading disparate teams of consultants, whilst remaining concurrently hands on in delivery.
- Be a respected part of the Senior Management Team; able to positively influence the scope and direction of any programme through cross-functional collaboration.
- Be an inspirational leader; manage and motivate your teams, creating individual career plans and drive optimum performance.
- Develop a recognised profile and an authority in the external market; speak at requisite events, leverage senior advisory relationships.
Successful candidates will have:
- Proven track record of operating as an effective leader in a consulting firm with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Significant commercial and management consulting experience.
- Broad capability experience across business development, delivery and line management.
- A specialist business transformation expertise, with proven delivery, resulting in cost reduction and/or process optimisation on a large scale.
- Domain experience in public service is preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Demonstrable senior stakeholder engagement experience, having built and sustained key relationships.
- Owned and managed client accounts and consulting teams of between 20-60 consultants.
- Passion, resilience and energy to make a difference, both internally and externally.
- Impressive academics, ideally in engineering, technology, science, or mathematically related subjects.
A word from us:
Everybody likes to say they’re different...
Newton was founded to buck the norm in management consultancy - to demand better for its clients. Because, for us, change doesn’t come from behind a laptop. It comes from getting under the skin of an organisation and learning first-hand how it ticks. It’s not about producing reports that gather dust on a boardroom’s top shelf; it’s about delivering results that actually work.
We crack some of the biggest challenges that businesses and public sector organisations face. We’re called upon to bring much-needed change, from redesigning social care to improving build efficiencies on aircraft carriers. The work’s varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do. Take our business model. We guarantee our fees against delivering results, and will only leave once our clients see those results stick. Bold - yes. Disruptive? Always.
Blindingly fast career progression means that if you show you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not tenure. And with all the support, training, and development you need, there’s really no stopping you. No matter the role you join in, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how everyone goes further, faster.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.