Head Office IT Graduate
Head Office IT Graduate
Is technology your thing? Are you interested in kick-starting a career in IT? The IT stream of our Head Office Graduate scheme covers all areas of technology which help Newton operate, such as software development, cybersecurity, project management, and how technology helps deliver client facing projects.
Joining our IT Team in our Head Office at a time where we are growing on average 20% per annum, will enable you to grow your career just as fast! This role will be based in our Head Office, and you’ll be able to work from home 3-4 times per week. You’ll join us in Sept 2023, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to be best placed in securing your offer with us.
We will offer you a series of placements in different departments in your first few months across our IT function, giving you the opportunity to add value and learn skills and functional experience, plus a wide range of commercial experience in an entrepreneurial growing business.
What you’ll do
By rotating through 3 – 6 month placements in different functions within IT, you’ll have the opportunity to add value and gain extensive and in-depth functional experience. In each area you’ll work alongside a member of our existing teams to understand those roles and gain hands on experience. You will be uniquely placed to gain commercial exposure across an entrepreneurial and growing business.
These rotations allow for you to seize the opportunity to gain a wide range of commercial experience in an entrepreneurial growing business. Progressing through these placement rotations, you’ll likely gain an aptitude and desire for one cluster, and you’ll be able to progress in this function after 12-18 months. As an ideal candidate, you’d excited by and capable of continuing to progress through positions in the IT function they joined and have a long-term plan of joining the business management and leadership.
The IT Stream rotations could include:
- Handling the day-to-day incidents/requests that arrive to IT Support
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Leading on small projects/process improvements
- Involved in tasks/actions that make up our larger projects
- Design & build virtualised infrastructure that meets the needs of our projects.
- Start the track of how to become a cloud SME.
- Deploy projects into diverse technology environments while meeting scalability and reliability requirements.
- Leading on small projects for cloud-to-cloud migration tasks.
Network & Security Operations...
- Develop core underpinning networking capabilities, from theory to hands on practical implementation.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with enterprise level approaches to networking for multiple locations & hyperscale networking principles.
- Cyber incident management, route cause analysis and resolution.
- Vulnerability assessments, management, and remediation.
- Gather product requirements from stakeholders around the business and create accurate, unambiguous user stories
- Review and prioritisation of the product backlog
- Liaise with development, infrastructure, and support teams
- Facilitate all activities through the full product lifecycle from initiation to deployment
How will we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in Head Office. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities across any part of the Head Office Team.
During your induction, you will partake in various activities to help fully immerse you into your team and the wider business. These onboarding sessions will include Presentation Skills, Excel training and networking with the other graduates in your cohort. Beyond your induction, your development will continue. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression, receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews. You will also have a Line Manager, who will be available to give you guidance and support throughout your learning journey with stretching projects and on-the-job feedback.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday. Your overall starting package will be £33,000-£36,000 per annum plus a £3,000 joining bonus. Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 6 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
What we look for in you:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential. To apply for our IT Stream, you’ll be on your way to, or have achieved, a graduate or equivalent level qualification in any subject.
- A keen interest in technology and how it adds value to businesses
- Able to deal with a rapidly-changing environment and act on your own initiative
- Belief in demanding better in everything they see and then the drive to make changes happen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to inspire others toward change
- Able to empathise with others
- Numerate and able to solve problems with a data-based approach
- Passion for personal development and able to self-reflect on your abilities
- Organised and able to prioritise competing demands
- A pleasure to work with and a sense of humour
The skills and attributes outlined in this overview above are no means exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role.