Head Office Marketing Graduate
Head Office Marketing Graduate
Newton’s continued growth is a testament to our proven approach and the success of our client work, but we are not ready to stop there. We are building on this by investing in and expanding our marketing team to meet the challenges of the next phase of growth. The potential of this is hugely exciting as it will set Newton on the right course to double in size over the next few years. Our current Marketing team enjoys marketing a thriving business that has an inspiring and tangible impact for our clients. Joining us as Marketing Graduate will see you contribute to this success...
Joining our Marketing Team in our Head Office at a time where we are growing on average 20% per annum, will enable you to grow your career just as fast! This role will be based in our Head Office. We offer a hybrid working arrangement, balancing home working, office working and travel for internal and external meetings and events. You’ll join us in Sept 2023, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to be best placed in securing your offer with us.
What is the role?
Joining our Marketing team in this role will involve rotating around the four areas of our marketing team: Defence and Infrastructure markets, Public markets, Consumer markets, and Newton brand. As part of our graduate programme, you will undertake 6 months placements across 3 of these areas. Through helping to create impressive marketing campaigns or developing our events series, you’ll be instrumental in delivering our business growth objectives.
These rotations allow for you to seize the opportunity to gain a wide range of commercial experience in an entrepreneurial growing business. Progressing through these placement rotations, you’ll likely gain an aptitude and desire for one cluster, and you’ll be able to progress in this function after 12-18 months.
We think it’s a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about beginning their career in marketing. This role will help kick start your career, in an environment that you’ll quickly learn new skills and add extensive value from day one.
Some example role responsibilities you will own include:
- Working within the marketing team and alongside business leaders to help create and support thought-provoking and engaging multi-channel marketing campaigns that build our brand and measurably contribute to Newton’s pipeline of work.
- Playing a role in overseeing and delivering our events series, both online and in-person, helping us to successfully meet our business development objectives
- Forming part of teams that shape and create our content including presentations at events, videos, case studies, award entries and social media campaigns.
- Work with our business leaders to support with targeting opportunities, market research and bids, tenders and decks for business development
- Liaise with and manage relationships with external marketing agencies, including designers, printers, PR, social media and industry associations.
- Be a strong advocate for our marketing approach across the Head Office and wider business
What’s in it for you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in Head Office. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities across any part of the Head Office Team.
During your induction, you will partake in various activities to help fully immerse you into your team and the wider business. These onboarding sessions will include Presentation Skills, Excel training and networking with the other graduates in your cohort. Beyond your induction, your development will continue. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression, receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews. You will also have a Line Manager, who will be available to give you guidance and support throughout your learning journey with stretching projects and on-the-job feedback.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday. Your overall starting package will be £33,000-£36,000 per annum plus a £3,000 joining bonus. Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 6 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
What we look for in you:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. To apply for our Head Office Marketing Graduate role, you’ll be on your way to, or have achieved, a graduate level qualification and have the below skills and attributes:
- Strong communications skills and creative ability
- Able to deal with a rapidly changing environment and act on your own initiative
- Belief in demanding better in everything they see and then the drive to make changes happen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to inspire others toward change
- Able to empathise with others
- Numerate and able to solve problems with a data-based approach
- Passion for personal development and able to self-reflect on your abilities
- Good IT skills
- Organised and able to prioritise competing demands
- A pleasure to work with and a sense of humour
The skills and attributes outlined in this overview above are no means exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role.