Head Office Marketing Graduate
Head Office Marketing Graduate
Newton’s sustained growth is a testament to our proven approach and the success of our client work, but we are not ready to stop there. We are building on this by investing in and expanding our marketing team to meet the challenges of the next phase of our growth. The potential of this is hugely exciting as it will set Newton on the right course to double in size over the next few years. Our current Marketing team enjoys marketing a thriving business that delivers meaningful impact for our clients. Joining us as a Marketing Graduate will see you contribute to this success...
Joining our Marketing Team at a time when we are growing on average 20% per annum will enable you to accelerate your career. This role will be based in our Head Office in Oxfordshire. We offer a hybrid working package, balancing home working, office working and travel for both internal and external events. You’ll join us in Sept 2024, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to secure your offer with us as places are limited.
What is the role?
Joining our Marketing team in this role will offer you the opportunity to experience working across the different areas of our marketing team: Defence and Infrastructure markets, Public markets, Consumer markets, and Newton brand. As part of our graduate programme, you will undertake 6 months placements across 3 of these areas. Through helping to create impressive marketing campaigns or developing our events series, you’ll be instrumental in delivering our business growth objectives.
These rotations position you to gain a wide range of experience in an entrepreneurial growing business. Progressing through these placement rotations, you’ll likely develop aptitudes and preferences for particular areas, and these will help guide your progress into a role within the marketing function after 18 months.
We think it’s a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about launching their career in marketing. This role will help kick start your career, in an environment where you’ll quickly learn new skills and add lots of value from day one.
Some example role responsibilities you will own include:
- Working within the marketing team and alongside business leaders to help create and support thought-provoking and engaging multi-channel marketing campaigns that build our brand and measurably contribute to Newton’s pipeline of work.
- Playing a role in overseeing and delivering our events series, both online and in-person, helping us to successfully meet our business development objectives
- Forming part of teams that shape and create our content including presentations at events, videos, case studies, award entries and social media campaigns.
- Work with our business leaders to support with targeting opportunities, market research and bids, tenders and decks for business development
- Liaise with and manage relationships with external marketing agencies, including designers, printers, PR, social media and industry associations.
- Be a strong advocate for our marketing approach across the Head Office and wider business
What’s in it for you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in Head Office. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities across any part of the Head Office Team.
During your induction, you will partake in various activities to help fully immerse you into your team and the wider business. These onboarding sessions will include Presentation Skills, Excel training and networking with the other graduates in your cohort. Beyond your induction, your development will continue. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression, receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews. You will also have a Line Manager, who will be available to give you guidance and support throughout your learning journey with stretching projects and on-the-job feedback.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday. Your overall starting package will be £34,000-£37,500 per annum plus a £3,000 joining bonus. Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 6 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
What we look for in you:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. To apply for our Head Office Marketing Graduate role, you’ll be on your way to, or have achieved, a graduate level qualification and have the below skills and attributes:
- Strong communications skills and creative ability
- Able to deal with a rapidly changing environment and act on your own initiative
- Belief in demanding better in everything they see and then the drive to make changes happen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to inspire others toward change
- Able to empathise with others
- Numerate and able to solve problems with a data-based approach
- Passion for personal development and able to self-reflect on your abilities
- Good IT skills
- Organised and able to prioritise competing demands
- A pleasure to work with and a sense of humour
The skills and attributes outlined in this overview above are by no means exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role. Please note, you can only apply to one of our graduate schemes, across both our consulting and Head Office programmes.