We are looking someone with assurance experience, soft skills and an organised mind who prefers adding business value over box ticking and can help us continue to embed quality in all we do.
The role will be accountable for planning, controlling, maintaining, auditing and improving Newton’s Quality, Health, Safety, Information Security and Environmental (QHSSE) management systems and procedures and for integrating process improvement and QHSSE requirements into Newton’s operational projects and business support activities.
The role will also involve working closely with our Delivery Excellence function, through which we ensure that our client projects are being run according to best project management practices and methodologies, and that the way we deliver and support our client projects is optimised and continuously improved.
The right candidate will have the opportunity not only to oversee the practical application of assurance management but also to position themselves at the centre of the way we deliver our client programmes and to drive best practice in this area across Newton.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working collaboratively with our consultants and head office teams in continuing to embed quality assurance into our management practices and programme management.
- Working with our Delivery Excellence team to further improve our client programme management practices.
- Ensuring our assurance function is not seen as a necessary audit function involving box ticking, but instead is a value adding and important aspect of the way we work.
- Maximising the value from existing certification and accreditation schemes to ensure they are contributing to continuous improvement across the business.
- Ensuring the buy in, understanding and application of QHSSE across Newton.
- Engaging with the operational teams and their managing boards (Delivery Excellence Team and Sector Boards) to integrate improvement and QHSSE requirements into Newton’s operational projects and business support activities.
- Maintaining Newton’s existing QHSSE accreditations (ISO 9001; ISO 27001; ISO 14001) and leading our efforts to comply with other applicable standards (eg; ISO 45001).
- Examining opportunities to integrate our current and future standards.
- Auditing systems and processes for compliance and effectiveness.
- Applying a collaborative approach to helping Newton identify non-compliances, share best practice, and develop effective corrective actions and improvement plans.
- Articulating Newton’s QHSSE credentials in tender submissions.
- Developing and maintaining QHSSE system documentation.
The role will be based in our office at Kingston Bagpuize, south of Oxford, and will require travel to client sites and Company Reviews (around 3-5 days/month).
Part-time working would be considered for the right candidate.
Your education, skills and experience:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
- Excellent understanding of quality and continuous improvement techniques.
- Soft skills and emotional intelligence
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good understanding of Health, Safety, Information Security and Environmental Management.
- Clear oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively on own initiative.
- Good IT skills, with particular emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and organise
Qualifications and Experience:
- ISO9001/14001/27001 experience and/or qualifications.
- Health and Safety experience and/or qualifications.
- Audit experience and/or qualifications desirable.
- Driving licence.