Executive Support Manager
Executive Support Manager
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
The Executive Support Function at Newton has grown rapidly from 8 people to 28 people in the last 3 years, and that growth is set to continue. We are looking for an experienced dedicated people manager to manage and develop Executive & Personal Assistants in two cluster support teams; developing and enhancing the effectiveness of these teams (c 20 people) as they provide bespoke and strategic support to the clusters they work in and stakeholders they work for
The role will typically include the following:
- Seamless day to day running of the cluster teams to resolve any operational issues. Developing an awareness of workloads, priorities and assist with alleviating pressure points
- Ensuring efficient and effective utilisation of the teams and guaranteeing first class support is always provided to the stakeholders
- Managing resourcing to cover holidays, sickness, absence and managing temporary staff as necessary
- Attending and conducting appraisals as well as personnel review meetings with the Head of Executive Support to report on team’s performance
- Headcount planning for team growth, identifying future value add in the business through headcount and operational excellence
- Responsibility for the recruitment, management, and induction process for new staff into the teams
- Identifying, monitoring, and managing training needs and development for both individuals and for the wider ES Function (development days, career progression)
- Continuously driving and sharing best practice throughout the Executive Support Function
- Interact with both internal and external stakeholders of all levels with honesty, integrity and knowledge that promotes the company’s culture and values
- Supporting the Head of Executive Support and ES leadership team with the function’s strategy to stay fit for purpose as the business needs grow and change
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of managing a large team with exceptional people management and interpersonal skills
- Seamless change management experience, ensuring a smooth transition of any structure/team changes and ensuring team well-being
- Strong leadership skills – leading by example
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to multitask and organise others
- Confident when liaising with senior stakeholders
- Proficient use of Outlook and Microsoft Office and other standard IT systems
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Calm under pressure
- Proactivity and positivity
- Strong team player
Would be advantageous:
- Some experience in an EA/PA role in a commercial environment, looking after multiple people/diaries
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion experience
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across the operations function.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.