Fleet & Supplier Coordinator
Fleet & Supplier Coordinator
What is the role?
We spend £15m annually across the business in direct purchasing, so the management of Newton’s procurement activity and suppliers is a huge area of focus.
We believe that value in our procurement activity comes when solutions or products are delivered in partnership with our suppliers. Whilst the £’s are important, there is a strong lean towards the end-to-end usability, ensuring our own policies and processes allow the best solution to be delivered.
One of our largest suppliers is Alphabet, a fleet management company – we work in a partnership with them to effectively manage our fleet of company cars and ensure our offering meets the needs of our drivers. For example, we have recently expanded our options to include hybrids and electrics; ranging from Audi A3 hybrids to Tesla Model 3 electrics as well as many other manufacturers and models.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding the right answer for the business, whether than be through effectively administrating our Fleet, reviewing our company car policy or understanding and challenging procurement requirements.
A large part of the role will include keeping our Fleet and drivers safe whilst ensuring we are utilising our vehicles effectively. Below are some of the key activities:
- Understanding our Fleet requirements to ensure our strategy and suppliers are fit for purpose and cost effective
- Building a great working relationship with our main fleet supplier, Alphabet and keeping them up to date with all changes within the business
- Managing our driver risk profile and recharge process e.g., telematics boxes, fines, and damage
- Allocating and managing our fleet of company cars
- Reviewing Fleet Policies, including company car lists
- Supporting with fleet training for new starters
The other area of the role will include wider supplier management including some of the key activities below:
- Streamlining our internal processes to ensure we maximise the time we spend on value-add activity
- Supporting with new or existing process and supplier reviews
- Partnering with our Head Office functions to support with procurement and supplier management processes; ranging from requirements gathering to contract award, supplier relationship management to contract management - stakeholder management is key
You will be someone who embraces new challenges and thrives when getting involved in reviewing and choosing new suppliers both within Fleet and wider supplier management.
A key initial objective for this individual will be to update policies and processes to allow for more fleet and procurement administration to become self-serve, automated or outsourced as appropriate.
As the individual reduces the time requirement in this area and builds their project management and procurement capability, we want them to take on broader responsibilities. There will be the opportunity to get involved with contracts, business solutions and purchasing around various areas of the business which will include running some projects and procurement activity autonomously.
Your education, skills and experience:
Our team set the bar high. Our people drive our business. The quality of your work and ability to communicate with colleagues and suppliers at all levels make Newton exceptional. Our people possess key qualities that make them stand out as exceptional individuals.
For this role we are looking for a graduate. Experience in related roles is recognised but not required, candidates who have only recently graduated welcomed.
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
- Excellent attention to detail, with a ‘make sure’ mentality
- Strong written communication skills
- Self-organised, with the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Improvement minded, proactively looking to understand and build upon existing process and procedures
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively on own initiative
- Foster strong working relationships with others
- Able to deal with a rapidly-changing environment
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across various suppliers.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.