IT Infrastructure Manager
IT Infrastructure Manager
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Newton work on all kinds of projects, in virtually any sector. Such as making daily working life simpler and more effective for thousands of supermarket shop floor staff, for instance. Or ensuring more social care service users lead independent lives. Or enabling thousands more patients to be seen in clinics.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will define, architect, and evolve how our teams use technology to deliver to clients in an increasingly data driven landscape. You’ll work with a range of stakeholders to build a technology roadmap that underpins our infrastructure and security ambitions. As a hands-on team, you’ll also be able to step into delivery where needed.
- Partner with our digital technology team to define a technical strategy for their team and build a roadmap around the platforms that will support successful delivery to their clients
- Own and evolve our information security strategy to ensure we have a secure environment that continually evolves our security posture
- Working with stakeholders including client technology team counterparts to deliver technical solutions to facilitate the delivery of our projects to clients
- Acting as a subject matter expert across our business in architecting and designing virtual infrastructure
- Leading compliance with cyber and information security programmes to reduce risk
- Refining our technology platforms to ensure successful delivery of IT projects within our business
- Monitoring IT service availability, performance, and capacity and evolving our incident management and communication plans
- Management of projects and budgeting
- Building relationships with external technology suppliers to ensure they deliver well and continue to evolve to their service as Newton’s requirements grow and evolve
- Build, mentor and lead a team of engineers to maximise their impact and careers
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. You’ll have previous experience of leading a technology team. While your technical expertise is important, we’re more interested in how you’ve used your expertise and wider skills to impact the teams and organisations you’ve been part of.
Essential experience we're looking for:
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies particularly focused around the Microsoft Azure, Power and Office 365 platforms having achieved related certifications
- Engaged with a range of stakeholders with diverse requirements to agree a roadmap against a diverse set of priorities
- Experience of architecting, building and operating cloud and hybrid models across IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments
- A record of project delivery in cloud environments managing multiple deliverables
- Capable of leading, building and mentoring a technology team to deliver a great technology service
- Demonstrated effectiveness of IT processes through reporting and used data to identify areas for improvement
- Acted as a technical expert to support a team in exploring and resolving complex IT issues
- Managed IT change and problem resolution
It’d be great if you had:
- A recognised information security certification as CISSP, CISM or CompTIA
- A recognised IT service management certification such as ITIL or COBIT
- Familiarity with ISO27001 and GDPR and the broad information security landscape
- Agile project management certifications
- An understanding of challenges and opportunities in delivering to a primarily mobile workforce
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across IT.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 29 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.