IT Product Manager
IT Product Manager
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Newton work on all kinds of projects, in virtually any sector. Such as making daily working life simpler and more effective for thousands of supermarket shop floor staff, for instance. Or ensuring more social care service users lead independent lives. Or enabling thousands more patients to be seen in clinics.
The IT Product Manager will drive the discussion around how technology supports our consultants and powers our business. They’ll be contributing to and helping prioritise a detailed roadmap around our IT ambitions. This will involve engaging users in every corner of Newton to enable them to act as the voice of the IT customer. This role will directly manage a team of two – they will be responsible for their success and development. As a team this person will ensure we are:
- Working with a diverse range of stakeholders to identify technology ideas that move our business forward
- Managing the technology roadmap, agreeing priorities, and communicating timelines across a range of areas of responsibility
- Leading and developing a growing team (currently 2 Product Owners).
- Proactively engaging teams and stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle to ensure buy-in
- Working with our technology teams and suppliers to articulate solution intent into achievable project outcomes
- Act on behalf of the stakeholders in validating and accepting requirements
- Building communication and change management plans to make sure our technology solutions land well and maximise impact
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. You’ll have previous experience of business analysis or technology product/project management.
- Have led digital transformation projects with strong experience in product and project management
- A data driven approach to understanding, measuring, and solving business problems.
- Quick to understand new business areas and complex stakeholder perspectives and design processes and analytics to match
- Capable of building an argument for change.
- Diplomatic and able to negotiate and influence all levels across the business.
- Experience engaging non-technical stakeholders to turn their ambitions into technical reality.
- Able to extract requirements using tools such as workshops and user stories.
- Can map complex cross function business processes challenging complexity where necessary.
- Comfortable building an agile plan for delivery in a dynamic environment which maps responsibility of both internal teams and external technology providers.
- An understanding of the technology landscape and trends.
- A passion and capability for managing and developing others
It’d be great if you had:
- Scaled Agile experience
- An interest in user experience design
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across IT.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 29 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.