IT Support Analyst
IT Support AnalystApply for role
The IT Support Analyst will join the IT Support Team in providing an excellent IT Service to the Newton Employees. The ability to troubleshoot complex issues whilst providing exceptional customer service will be key to this role.
What is the role?
Newton work on all kinds of projects, in virtually any sector. Such as making daily working life simpler and more effective for thousands of supermarket shop floor staff, for instance. Or ensuring more social care service users lead independent lives. Or enabling thousands more patients to be seen in clinics.
The IT Support Team play a key role in ensuring that the business can operate effectively and efficiently through their use of technology. Our customers are our colleagues, largely operational consultants delivering exceptional work on projects across the UK and occasionally beyond. The role of the IT Support Analyst will be to deal with incident management, request fulfilment and seeking to proactively address the IT challenges impacting the wider business.
The IT Support Analyst role is often the first point of contact for IT across the business. Customer service is key to this role and the IT Support Analyst will need to seek to fully understand the needs of the customer and have a real desire to help them get to a successful conclusion.
This is an ideal role for a 1st/2nd second line IT Support Analyst or someone looking for their first role in IT.
Typical responsibilities of this role will be:
- Handling the day-to-day incidents/requests that arrive into IT Support
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Leading on small projects/process improvements
- Taking a lead role in the day-to-day running of a key area of the IT Function (e.g. Cyber Security, Service Delivery, Networks & Operations)
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
You might already have some experience of working in an IT Support role, or you might be an IT Graduate or college/school leaver with a passion for IT.
The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Achieved, or currently studying, an IT/Business qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience of working in an office environment
- Excellent customer service skills. A real desire to help people and to have the drive and tenacity to own issues from start to finish
- An excellent approach to problem solving. To have detective like skills and take a positive approach to understand and solve even the most complex problems
- A proactive and consistent approach to work and an ability to drive improvement in their areas of responsibility and beyond
- A desire to work as part of a collaborative team
- The ability to prioritise their own work to deliver the best possible customer service and ensure that the customer always comes first
- An understanding of, and ideally experience of supporting, end user technologies such as Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft Windows 10
- A passion for technology and desire to learn about new systems and tools
It would be great if you had:
- 1-2 years’ experience of working in an IT role
- Experience of end user support in an IT environment
- An understanding of Active Directory, Office 365 Administration, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP.
- Good A-Level results in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or ICT
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across IT.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.