What is the role?
We are looking for a Knowledge Coordinator to join our Knowledge team as part of the wider Operations function at Newton.
The timely, sustainable and frictionless sharing of Newton’s knowledge is central to driving many of the things that make us a successful and profitable business. A core element of how we share knowledge is through collaboration, ensuring we have the right people together at the right time to tackle each problem. The Knowledge Coordinator will play a pivotal role in understanding, iterating and driving forward how we collaborate as a business.
Reporting to the Knowledge Manager, this role will work closely with the business and the Review Days team (who deliver our Review Days: fortnightly company conferences, where we come together to have fun, celebrate our successes and collaborate on problems through workshops) to drive the value of our people-to-people knowledge share, ensuring our collaboration takes place in the most successful way and at the most impactful point and that the right accountability and support is in place to realise its potential value.
The day-to-day responsibilities will initially include the below, with opportunity to grow and shape this exciting role over time to encompass more strategic thinking and direction setting for this important part of our culture at Newton.
- Working with our Events team to help steer the growth and development of our fortnightly company conferences, known as Review Days
- Identifying and rolling out best collaboration practice across the business
- Establishing Key Performance Indicators for our Review Days to support our project leaders
- Creating a company-wide “suite” of workshop styles to ensure each workshop provides maximum value
- Developing and driving a culture that recognises the value of time spent collaborating and actively pulls on this time to benefit our programmes
- Owning and developing our internal PowerPoint slide sharing offering, TeamSlide
- Supporting the wider team in managing and developing our Knowledge processes
- Be a key point of contact across the business for Knowledge enquiries
A key part of the role is contributing to the future direction of the Knowledge function within the business and ensuring that our Knowledge initiatives continue to develop alongside Newton’s growth. As part of this, there will be the opportunity to play an active role in many projects which will require you to have strong organisational skills to progress and deliver against agreed timelines.
Your education, skills and experience:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. The successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Good organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to drive projects through to completion
- Ability to deal with a rapidly changing environment and act on own initiative to improve processes and solve problems as they arise
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT and numeracy skills
There will be occasional travel with this role, usually one night/day per fortnight to Company Review Days, and other ad hoc meetings as required.
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton’s culture is prefaced on maximising the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with the medium-term expectation of progression within the People team (or more broadly within the rapidly growing Head Office).
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.