Learning and Development Manager - Fixed Term
Learning and Development Manager - Fixed Term
What is the role?
We're looking for a Learning and Development (L&D) Manager to join us on a fixed term basis covering maternity leave. This role will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the Newton Europe experience. You’ll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across face-to-face and virtual classroom environments, and consult with key stakeholders across our organisation to ensure our core curriculum and targeted initiatives support Newton Europe’s business objectives.
As the L&D Manager, you’ll lead on the design, delivery and continual improvement of Newton Europe’s core curriculum and learning pathways. You’ll work closely with our TDT Senior Sponsor, L&D Business Partner, subject matter experts (SMEs), programme leaders and project teams to shape L&D strategy and solutions that are in alignment with and responsive to current identified business needs and that anticipate future directions.
In your role you will:
• Work with working groups of interested SMEs in the business on the evaluation and continuous improvement of our core suite of face-to-face internally designed and delivered courses. • Lead on the end-to-end programme design and delivery of a Digital skills L&D pathway for our Consultants. • Apply adult learning and instructional design principles to design, develop and implement face-to-face and digital training programmes and initiatives as may required by the needs of the business. • Support the development and use of our Learning Management System (LMS), digital learning suite. • Convert existing face-to-face programmes for virtual delivery and support our trainers deliver those programmes online effectively and in an engaging way. • Proactively source external L&D vendors as required, developing and maintaining effective relationships to ensure all externally provided learning solutions are in alignment with company culture. • Line manage and support the L&D Administrator to fulfil and develop in their designated role. • Liaise with Finance to monitor L&D budgets and forecasts. • Keep abreast of current L&D trends, technologies and best practices to ensure that all L&D solutions, interventions and initiatives are highly innovative and best in class quality. • Track and report L&D metrics to relevant stakeholder groups; identify trends and areas of opportunity to improve effectiveness. • Communicate with the business on relevant L&D topics. As needed, facilitate and deliver relevant and inspiring in-house training sessions.
Your education, skills and experience You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit in with Newton’s culture. The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- BA degree in a relevant subject /CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in L&D with strong academic credentials
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in building and implementing an L&D plan to deliver growth
- A keen interest in technology-enabled learning
- Moodle/Totara admin experience an advantage
- Innovative approach to learning methodology
- Demonstrable ability to complete full learning design cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead a cross-functional group
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines and priorities; ability to create structure and process, whilst working within ambiguity and at pace
- Strong communication i.e. ability to engage and lead a discussion with senior stakeholders, preferably with good presentation skills
- Independent, pro-active and self-starter approach
- Positive 'can-do' attitude
There will be occasional travel with this role, usually one night/day per fortnight to Company Review Days, and other ad hoc meetings as required.
In order to ensure a sufficient hand over period, we would prefer candidates with a shorter notice period.
How do we develop and reward you?
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days’ holiday.