Marketing Business Partner - Aerospace, Defence, and Infrastructure Sectors
Marketing Business Partner - Aerospace, Defence, and Infrastructure SectorsApply for role
Due to internal promotions and investment in our marketing function, we’re looking for a Marketing Business Partners for our Defence, Aerospace and Infrastructure sector. Someone who will relish working side-by-side with our sector leaders to create and roll out exceptional marketing that excites our target clients and delivers real value for our business. We think it’s a great opportunity for someone who loves variety and is adept at building strong internal and external relationships.
What is the role?
Newton is already an amazing place to work (we spend a lot of time making sure of that). But we always believe we could do better – that’s in our DNA.
We’re looking for a Marketing Business Partner for our Defence, Aerospace and Infrastructure sector who will work closely with both the marketing team and the business to develop exceptional marketing that will drive real value for Newton.
We think it’s a great opportunity for someone who loves variety and is adept at building strong internal and external relationships.
- Work alongside business leaders and draw on the creative skills across the marketing team to create and roll out thought-provoking and engaging multi-channel marketing campaigns that measurably contribute to Newton’s pipeline of work.
- Link the strategic direction of the sector to the marketing activity, overseeing and reporting on all marketing activities – from online, media engagement, social channels and events, through to support in bids and tenders.
- Build lasting relationships with internal business leaders, as well as advisors, clients and key sector influencers to shape and successfully implement all levels of marketing activity.
- Collaborate with sector teams and creative resources internally and externally to create compelling messaging, content and creative that will appeal to and most importantly engage our targets.
- Be a strong advocate for our marketing approach across the business, including presenting on our approach to leadership and the wider business on a regular basis.
Your education, skills and experience:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
You will have at least six years relevant experience within similar generalist Marketing roles. During your application process we will be looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Approximately 6-8 years’ marketing experience, which is likely to include B2B marketing, communications or business development
- Exposure to high-value, complex sales
- Evidence-based approach with a focus on measurable results (KPIs)
- Strong copywriting and communications skills with experience of producing targeted, engaging and creative content
- Experience of building key relationships and partnerships for marketing or business development purposes
- Eagerness for professional development
- A robust and confident character
- Knowledge of sectors beneficial (e.g. Defence, Aerospace or Infrastructure)
- Ideally will have experience within professional services
We are looking for candidates who are flexible with their location as we expect this role to be based 2-3 days a week in the office and 2-3 days travelling (UK only).
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across Marketing.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from Directors. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 2-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.