Marketing Executive - Public Sector
Marketing Executive - Public Sector
What is the role?
Newton’s continued growth is a testament to our proven approach and the success of our client work, but we are not ready to stop there. We are building on this by investing in and expanding our marketing team to meet the challenges of the next phase of growth. The potential of this is hugely exciting as it will set Newton on the right course to double in size over the next few years.
Our current marketing team enjoys marketing a thriving business that has an inspiring and tangible impact for our clients. We’re now looking for a permanent Marketing Executive to join this team. We think it’s a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about furthering their career in marketing.
- Work within the marketing team and alongside our Public Sector marketing team and business leaders to help create and support thought-provoking and engaging multi-channel marketing campaigns that measurably contribute to Newton’s pipeline of work.
- You’ll be instrumental in managing our events programmes, both online and in-person (subject to COVID19 restrictions), helping us to successfully meet our business development objectives.
- Contribute to shaping and creating our content including presentations at events, videos, case studies, award entries and social media.
- Work with our business leaders to support with targeting opportunities, market research and bids, tenders and decks for business development.
- Manage relationships with external agencies, including designers, printers, PR, social media and association memberships.
- Be a strong advocate for our marketing approach across the head office and wider business.
Your education, skills and experience:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
You will be passionate about your career in Marketing and looking for a challenge to develop your skills. During your application process we will be looking for the following skills and attributes:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing role
- Experience in (and a passion for) delivering high-quality events – both online and in person
- Excellent organisation and project leadership skills – have managed marketing projects and understand how to drive engagement from different stakeholders and progress to achieve objectives.
- Results-focused, resilient and tenacious in the pursuit of objectives and goals.
- Great copywriting skills
- Eagerness for professional development
- Degree or CIM marketing qualification is advantageous for the role.
We support flexible working arrangements and expect this role to require a minimum of 1-2 days of either in person attendance in the office a week or travel (UK only and COVID 19 guidelines permitting)
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in head office functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception. As we are currently expanding our marketing team, successful candidates will play a role in shaping our marketing for the future and have access to wider team opportunities.
Supporting you starts from day one. New joiners often highlight the Newton energy they first encounter in the recruitment process and that continues through into their time at Newton. Once in role, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from senior directors and partners. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits which are delivered virtually at the moment. We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, a 2-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year (subject to COVID19 restrictions).