The role: Due to continuing investment in our marketing function to match our growth ambitions, we’re looking for a Marketing Executive.
We think this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced executive who is passionate about furthering their career in marketing and is up for taking on an active role across a broad range of market engagement activity, in an environment where you’ll learn fast and be exposed to really exciting projects from day one.
Newton is already an amazing place to work (we spend a lot of time making sure of that). But we always believe we could do better – that’s in our DNA.
We’re looking for a permanent (or temporary to permanent) Marketing Executive to join our marketing team.
This role will support our Public Sector cluster and is essential to deliver the marketing plan. In partnership with business leaders across the cluster (covering Health, Social Care and Central Government), this role will see you develop exceptional marketing that will drive real value for Newton.
Traditionally, this role would be instrumental in supporting us to curate stand-out live events - from sponsoring large industry conferences to designing and delivering roundtables and intimate dinners. However, in the current climate, we’ve had to pivot our strategy and look at how we maintain our presence in our core markets without these opportunities. As such, you’ll be supporting areas including running online virtual roundtables and improving our digital and social media presence. You’ll also be exposed to a wide range of other channels and activity, including creating brilliant written and digital content, informing our messaging and proposition, supporting with pitches, engaging our market sector advisors, or other priorities we’re working on.
We think it’s a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about furthering their career in marketing.
- Manage the delivery of our sector events – currently focused on running online and virtual sessions. As restrictions are lifted in the coming months, you’ll be instrumental in managing our events programmes which traditionally ranges from intimate dinners to sponsorship of large industry conferences, helping us successfully meet our business development objectives.
- Work within the marketing team and alongside our Public Cluster business leaders to help create and support thought-provoking and engaging multi-channel marketing campaigns that measurably contribute to Newton’s pipeline of work.
- Contribute to shaping and creating our content including presentations at events, videos, case studies and award entries.
- Work with our business leaders to support with targeting opportunities, market research, bids and tenders, and presentation decks for business development.
- Shaping PR – including press releases and articles, and our social media activity.
- Manage relationships with external agencies, including designers, printers, PR, social media, exhibition houses and organisers, and association memberships.
- Be a strong advocate for our marketing approach across the head office and wider business.
The candidate: You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
You will be passionate about your career in Marketing and looking for your next challenge. During your application process we will be looking for the following skills and attributes:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a marketing role
- Experience in (and a passion for) delivering high-quality events – both online and in person
- Strong creative and analytical skills, and ability to coordinate projects and workload effectively
- Experience using digital platforms such as web content management tools and social media
- Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail and high-quality output
- Great copywriting skills
- High energy, motivation, drive and enthusiasm to deliver excellent results
- Evidence-based approach with a focus on measurable results (KPIs)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eagerness for professional development
- PC literate: MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel expertise is a must.
- Ideally, previous generalist experience in a Professional Services or B2B marketing environment
- A marketing qualification is advantageous (e.g. 3rd level degree or certificate level)