Are you passionate about adding value to our senior leadership team in a fast-paced rewarding role? If you enjoy working collaboratively and have excellent organisational skills then you’ll fit in here!
We’re a team of the brightest and most curious minds with a fundamental belief that every organisation can be better.
We crack some of the toughest business and public-sector challenges of the day. Not with reports or copy & paste thinking. But by pinpointing and implementing the changes that will make the biggest difference.
We never start out assuming we know the answer. But we’re always certain we’ll find it and see it through to the finish. By uncovering the data that means the most important decisions are made with facts, not opinions. By bringing together a group of people who live and breathe delivering results. And by embedding in your organisation this same passion, self-belief and know-how to thrive on any challenge in the future.
We believe so strongly in what we can achieve together that we stand by the founding idea of Newton – guaranteeing 100% of our fees against delivering results that are recognised by everyone, from the frontline to the boardroom.
We demand better in everything we do. We think you should too.
What is the role?
Newton is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly competent individual to support our Leadership Team and work as a positive member of our PA Team to build a high-class support function. You may already have some experience of working as a PA or in an administrative role and looking to make a move into becoming a PA.
The role is permanent and will be based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire.
You will join our dedicated team of PAs who support the Leaders in our business and provide a them with a professional, seamless and proactive support function.
Working closely with the PA community to provide effective support and increased value to multiple Leaders
Managing and maintaining multiple Leaders' diaries and emails
Coordinating and booking travel and accommodation requirements, and ensuring logistical arrangements are in place to meet those requirements
Scheduling internal and external meetings/events of varying sizes for Leaders (including appraisals, client reviews, project reviews, internal company development, board meetings, interviews, team meetings and third-party advisers)
Providing support at/on regular meetings/calls; minutes, action-taking and monitoring these
Organising and submitting expenses and timesheets Providing holiday cover for other PAs Providing ad hoc additional resource to our consultant support team
How do we develop and reward you?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across the PA team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
Your education, skills and experience:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. We are open to applications from individuals who are passionate about starting a career as a PA and can offer the necessary training and support to help you on this journey.
The following experience and skills are important for success in this role:
- Preferably demonstrates at least 1-2 years previous experience in a Personal Assistant or Administrative role
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Successful relationship building throughout the business
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team and enjoy being a team player
- Remaining calm under pressure, adaptable and responsive to ever-changing diaries and priorities
- Excellent use of Outlook and Word
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Teams
- Good organisational skills; ability to multi-task and organise others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A pleasure to work with – “can do – will do” attitude
- Discretion and confidentiality guaranteed
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities – always looking to bring additional value to our stakeholders
- Experience working within a high-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and thirst for knowledge
- Ability to manage complex diaries, coordinate travel and accomodation for remote based stakeholders would be advantageous