Personal Assistant (4 Days a Week)
Personal Assistant (4 Days a Week)
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Newton is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and highly competent personal assistant to support multiple Directors and Partners (known as stakeholders) who are out in the field delivering challenging projects and leading diverse project teams.
You will be joining a dedicated team of personal assistants in the Executive Support Team providing tactical and efficient support and working to build a world-class and high performing support function.
The role is permanent part-time, (working 4 days a week) and will be based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire. The days we require are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. You will need to be in the office on Mondays and Wednesdays and you'll generally be able to work from home the other 2 days a week.
- Working closely with the wider Executive Support function to provide effective support and increased value to multiple stakeholders
- Managing and maintaining multiple diaries
- Scheduling internal and external meetings/events of varying sizes for stakeholders (including appraisals, client reviews, project reviews, internal company development, board meetings, interviews, team meetings and third-party advisers)
- Coordinating and booking complex travel and accommodation requirements, and ensuring logistical arrangements are in place to meet those requirements
- Ad-hoc Project team support on working location, events, and consolidation of travel.
- Providing holiday cover for other delivery support team members
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks as needed
- Driving and sharing best practice in the way we support senior people across the business, enabling them to deliver the very best value to our clients
- At Newton we're proactive in keeping everyone up to date with workshops, training and with all the key things happening in the company, so we gather regularly to hold company-wide meeting days. These may require 1 overnight stay around 3-4 times a year.
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across the PA team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
The successful candidate will also have/be the following:
- Demonstrable at least 1 year’s previous experience in an administration role supporting multiple people or projects
- Experience of diary management, coordinating/booking and managing high volumes of activities. In particular, travel and accommodation.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Methodical coordination skills and logical thinking
- Exceptional organisational skills: ability to multi-task and organise others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team and enjoy being a team player
- Calm under pressure, adaptable and responsive to ever-changing challenges and priorities
- Excellent use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A pleasure to work with – “can do – will do” attitude
- Discretion and confidentiality guaranteed
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines
- Capability to filter information and assess priorities – always looking to bring additional value to our team
- Ability to quickly learn new IT systems and processes to provide support to your colleagues
- Experience working within a high-paced environment