Resource Planning Manager
Resource Planning Manager
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Newton works for large and well known companies, public and government bodies delivering transformational change and financial and operational benefits – benefits that we guarantee. This can only be done through our exceptional people. We currently have around 325 consultants who work on site with our clients delivering these major improvement programmes. For each programme, a team of Newton consultants needs to be chosen and maintained, balancing company, project and individuals’ requirements in a dynamic, multi-faceted environment. Unlike other consulting firms where sales leads may choose their teams, this role involves close consultation with senior Newton managers, our people team and the application of a set of principles designed to take a holistic approach for the benefit of all to ensure we always have the highest performing teams and that all our consultants are thriving, developing and happy.
You will be working at the heart of the company where people, data, clients, project management and our culture all need to coincide and work together in the most optimal way to ensure the best teams are built in the best way to deliver outstanding results for our clients.
We use a professional services automation system (Financial Force) and other tools to ensure we are effective and efficient. This role will also involve helping to develop its capability.
The role is currently one of 3 posts, each of which looks after separate sectors and consultancy specialisms that the business works in and will cover a major portion of the consultant body. In addition to the need for close and cooperative working between the Resourcing Managers, the role involves deep involvement with the business, programme managers, senior business leaders and others to ensure we are proactively managing our programmes and people, and maximising efficiency and optimising revenue and margin.
- Scheduling and resourcing Newton programmes, ensuring optimal resource allocation in terms of project quality, project profitability and staff development
- Negotiating with senior stakeholders to deliver resourcing requirements
- Formulating ideas to improve project resourcing, profitability and staff experience and then making those ideas a reality
- Liaising, influencing and challenging effectively to build relationships at all levels and with multiple stakeholders who may have conflicting requirements
- Working with and analysing resourcing data to ensure we are always on top of the resourcing of our programmes, and are providing up to date reporting to stakeholders
- Other assistance to the Operations Planning Controller or wider business as required, on matters such as process improvement
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
Skills and Experience:
- Resilient and a self-starter.
- Proactivity, empathy and a sense of urgency
- Prioritisation and organisational skills. Excellent time management.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Anticipating and recognising when conflict may occur and working to resolve these situations by engaging stakeholders and escalating if required.
- Relationship skills, including communicating, influencing and stakeholder management.
- Using data and management information to enable effective workforce planning.
- IT literate (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good judgement
- Personable manner
- Ability to respond positively to challenge
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- Experience of resource planning would be advantageous, but is not essential
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for personal development in this role are no exception.
Our resourcing and scheduling function is already a high quality function in the business, but we intend to take it to the next level in the short term. This role can be key to that development and the continued growth of the company as a whole means that there is an exciting and growing career for the right candidate.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources – from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support you. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary, and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 28 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.