WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Day to day responsibilities will include supporting the Scheduling and Planning team in allocating our consultants (around 275 at present but growing fast) to projects so that the consultants are a good fit to the project requirements, while meeting the consultants’ development needs and personal aspirations. This is a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, requiring quick thinking and decisive decision-making.
The Scheduling Administrator may also be called upon to assist any of the other members of the Scheduling and Assurance Team for ad-hoc support and general administration.
The role will also involve using our Salesforce management system and helping to guide its development.
- Data validation and entry
- Controlling and updating the Scheduling and Planning records and databases
- Maintenance of Scheduling reports, forecasts and maps
- Coordination of department meetings and events
- Assisting colleagues across the business to accurately record project time
- Contributing to planning process
- Assistance with the coordination of Consultant downtime activities
- Deputise for Projects Coordinator or Scheduler where required
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. Recruitment) in coordination of resource
- Administrative support for the Quality/Assurance Officer
- Assist with the maintenance of security clearance and DBS certification records
YOUR EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture. Newton is a fast-growing organisation, driving change as we move into new areas of business. The successful candidate will be excited by, and embrace, this type of environment.
We are willing to consider candidates looking to work the equivalent of 4 days/week.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in an office admin/data management/corporate PA role
- A high level of detail and accuracy
- Excellent IT skills including intermediate proficiency in MS Excel
- Good knowledge of other MS Office packages
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear communication
- Able to work in the small Scheduling/Assurance team (3-4 people), but to also relate to the wider Head Office team (around 90) as well as the Consultant population (c. 275)
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively on own initiative
- Sense of humour
- Self-organised, with an ability to prioritise competing demands
- Able to deal with a rapidly-changing environment
- Able to deal confidentially with personal and sensitive information
- Experience of SalesForce would be advantageous
HOW DO WE DEVELOP AND REWARD YOU?
Newton maximises the personal development of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources with on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You’ll attend our ‘Induction Training Camp’ and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support you. You’ll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.
We think that it is important to be transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we hold about you. Our candidate privacy notice provides more information about how we do this and provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). It is available here. If you have any questions about our candidate privacy notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.