Procurement and Supply Chain
Bought in goods and services can account for up to 50% of the cost base within a services organisation. Hand-in-hand with Newton's operational improvement team, the Procurement and Supply Chain team ensures that no stone is left unturned in order to deliver savings and service improvements right across the supply base.
Our approach starts with completely understanding our clients' core objectives, as well as their current business state before proposing opportunities. We then work hand-in-hand with client teams to ensure benefits are delivered, hit the bottom line and are sustainable in the long-term.
We develop real value by working from the bottom-up, deeply understanding each element of the supply chain. We don't just focus on price or supplier margin alone. With our in-depth knowledge of cost drivers, market trends and a total cost of ownership mentality, Newton ensures the supply chain is working as hard as it can.
Areas we cover include:
- Insourcing vs. outsourcing
- Demand management
- Consolidation, standardisation and rationalisation
- Purchase to pay best practice and technology solutions
- Supplier relationship management approaches and tool
- Category management across all spend areas:
- Facilities – cleaning, catering, maintenance, security
- IT & telecoms – fixed line and mobiles, hardware and software and contractor spend
- Office costs – refurbishment, furniture, stationery, printing solutions
- Marketing – creative, print, PR, advertising
- Temporary staff – agency, bank, locum
- Travel – air, rail, fleet, hotels and venues