On a day to day basis, you’ll be working with our clients to identify opportunities for operational improvement and then plan and implement the changes that need to happen to solve the problem.
Are we a good fit?
- Want to change the world in a year (or less)?
- Want to use data to inspire people to do their most meaningful work?
- Want a pivotal role, working on things that really matter?
- Want to work for a company that guarantees its fees against measurable results? (Don’t worry – you’ll still be paid)
If so, be part of our team. Be a Newton Operations Consultant.
You’ll be involved in making things better for people and businesses all over the UK and perhaps beyond. You might be making sure that low income families can afford fruit and vegetables, or improving frontline care services while saving the government money, or helping build new aircraft carriers. We promise you that your career at Newton will never stand still. It’ll always be captivating.
What the job involves:
Working shoulder-to-shoulder with clients, you'll deliver real, sustainable change within their organisations. Based on site, you'll spend time with their people – from the shop floor to the boardroom – mapping processes, analysing data and looking for opportunities to improve the way they work. Once you've determined where the biggest opportunities are, you'll knuckle down and get stuck in – creating and implementing project plans that deliver on the promises we make and continue to do so long after we've gone.
What it's like to work with us:
Our culture is social, collaborative and supportive. The whole company gets together every two weeks to celebrate client successes, resolve project challenges, learn from each other and have fun. Our social calendar is packed too, with numerous activity days, a three-day summer event and six sponsored N-Weekends – including a ski trip – every year. That said, we know there's more to life than Newton. So we guarantee that, wherever you're working, you'll be home by 6pm every Friday and you'll never work weekends.
Are we a good fit?
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, but you don't need to be an engineer or mathematician
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Real self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- The ability to draw meaningful insights from an ocean of information
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to take on early responsibility
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A highly flexible and adaptable approach
- A record of academic achievement, but not necessarily in a STEM subject
What you can expect in return:
- Intensive, month-long induction, delivered by one of our partners or founders
- Diverse projects that really stretch you
- Experience across industries, clients and sectors
- On-the-job feedback and guidance from our leaders
- A dedicated development manager to nurture your career progression
- Early responsibility and rapid career progression
- Promotion when you're ready, not on an annual cycle
- A raise each year and with each promotion
- A salary package worth £45,000-£50,000 + sign on bonus of £2,000-£5,500
Diversity & Inclusion
It’s not enough to just set out a vision – it’s essential to make it a reality. In that spirit, we have set ourselves tangible targets which will ensure that we reflect society more broadly, as well as the clients we work with.
We’re proud to be the first UK company to work with and develop our EDI commitments with Gender Equity Now to help make Newton a truly equal, diverse and inclusive organisation across the following five areas:
- Pay Equity
- Recruiting & Hiring
- Leadership & Development
- Flexibility & Family Friendliness
- Inclusive Interactions
Our N-Groups are internally run, grassroots initiatives designed to give a voice to all our people and consist of N-Clude, Wom-N, N-Pride, Disability Network, Parents & Carers, the Newton Foundation and the Ethnicity Network.